PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Scan to E-mail Issue

Custom Search

stevena86
06-27-2016, 10:05 PM
Gentlemen,

Today I ran into an issue with scan to e-mail I haven't previously seen. Customer called and said they have an e-mail service they'd rather use than GMail. I went onsite to assist with applying the settings to the copier and verifying it works. After trying everything I can think of, I still get a 'Server Connection Error' when trying to scan. I'll detail below the settings and what I've done and see if anyone here can lend some assistance

Customer is using what I believe is a relay to Outlook OWA. Their server name is 'messaging.myappsanywhere.com'. It is supposed to use port 25 and no SSL/TLS along with their username/password (which I have verified are working and correct) which were the instructions provided by their provider. Trying all sorts of combinations of using that server name (and it's IP that the DNS resolves) and different ports (25, 465 and 587) with either 'SSL over SMTP', 'Start TLS' and 'OFF' as the 'USE SSL/TLS' setting. None worked.

When using a Canon and Kyocera on our demo floor to try and see if it's just their service being screwy, I can get them both to scan using port 25, no SSL/TLS and their username/password with no issues. I have also made sure that on all machines the Administrator e-mail address matches their username that they log in with.

Anyone have any ideas why only Konica's won't scan to this service? Is there something I may have missed on the machine that will allow it or is this something that more than likely the server is blocking access to on the Konica?

JrTech
06-27-2016, 10:43 PM
I had this same issue. Our issue were with Comcast and Verizon emails. Neither one of the them would allow open access to their email server causing an authentication error. If it is working at your office and client wants this cloud based IT Solution, I would suggest to client that "myappsanywhere" come out and install with you onsite as well. Best bet is to scan to public folder and retreive from there to put into an email. They make it seem easy but it is more of a headache as they sold it to the customer and customer thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread. Most likely they wont have anyone local only over the phone support.

Hope this helps

Custom Search