PDA

View Full Version : Reset counter 454e

Custom Search

MARDSO
06-29-2016, 03:17 PM
Good Morning
Anyone know if it is possible to reset the counter bizhub 454e?
What's the procedure?

thanks in advance!!!

minimerlin
06-29-2016, 04:03 PM
Good Morning
What's the procedure?

thanks in advance!!!
And which counter are you wanting to reset?

MARDSO
06-29-2016, 06:24 PM
I need to reset the general counter!

she needs to be with the reset counter

because of a bidding !!

sturmtrooper
06-29-2016, 06:37 PM
If you are referring to the total copy count counter on the machine generally they are designed not to be reset, just like the odometer on a car.

Why do you need to reset it anyways? You can just take a meter when it gets delivered and go from there.

Synthohol
06-29-2016, 07:02 PM
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ricoh-savin-gestetner-lanier/40530-legal-change-meter-count-refurbished-copier-california.html

One of the best explanations I could find.
Its pretty immoral and possibly illegal to do so unless under advice from the manufacturers.
I wouldnt do it.

Albonline
06-29-2016, 07:58 PM
Good Morning
What's the procedure?

thanks in advance!!!

Replace (at the same time) ssd,mc board and mfp board, you will have a unit with zero count.

allan
06-29-2016, 08:35 PM
Replace (at the same time) ssd,mc board and mfp board, you will have a unit with zero count.

That would leave you with a machine without any factory data.
Have you tried this?

Albonline
06-29-2016, 08:38 PM
That would leave you with a machine without any factory data.
Have you tried this?

yes, new boards and flash. have done it on a few units returned from field as repairable.

copyman
06-29-2016, 11:34 PM
Agree with the others. Really can't be reset without a lot of hassle & $$$.

Hey Albonline, How much is it for all those boards? about $3,000 I'm guessing. You could buy low meter machine for less than that.

EarthKmTech
06-30-2016, 12:42 AM
someone posted the special reset firmware on here before.

I have messed around with it once and only once in the past and it blows absolutely everything away including the meter reading. I'll never do that again.

Search function on this forum is useless as it doesn't work so good luck finding it now.

emujo
06-30-2016, 01:25 PM

That's pretty funny...I guess it does accomplish what he wants to do though. PS..for any legitimate techs, don't try this at home. Emujo

Kidaver
06-30-2016, 02:05 PM
I've had a counter reset on a c224 after lightning strike killed the NIC and corrupted the SSD board....yeah messing with all that was a huge PITA I wouldn't willingly want to do it...

Albonline
06-30-2016, 03:06 PM
Agree with the others. Really can't be reset without a lot of hassle & $$$.

Hey Albonline, How much is it for all those boards? about $3,000 I'm guessing. You could buy low meter machine for less than that.

yup about $2400 usd. ssd boards are free.

Kidaver
06-30-2016, 03:12 PM
yup about $2400 usd. ssd boards are free.
Yes but in all my experience with SSD boards is you can't order them. Tech support has to approve it and ship one to you and you ship the old one back.

Albonline
06-30-2016, 03:19 PM
Yes but in all my experience with SSD boards is you can't order them. Tech support has to approve it and ship one to you and you ship the old one back.

Exactly! would require a konica certified tech.

Albonline
06-30-2016, 03:21 PM
That's pretty funny...I guess it does accomplish what he wants to do though. PS..for any legitimate techs, don't try this at home. Emujo

ask a crooked question, get a crooked answer.

Custom Search