PDA

View Full Version : PS29 Level Conveyance Section Tray 3 jams

Custom Search

Pocavon
06-30-2016, 12:04 AM
I have a C654 that jams after the second sheet from tray 3 only. It jams right after the second sheet passes the photo-interrupter (PS29) in the Horizontal transport assembly. ALL other trays feed fine. I want to replace that sensor but cant find a procedure to get to it. Anyone have any techniques to share on replacing that sensor?

EarthKmTech
06-30-2016, 12:34 AM
what is the jam code?

Tray 3 feed unit output actuator at the gray roller shaft can have its bracket bent up by the most minuscule amount that allows the actuator to bounce mid sheet and cause false jams in that area, it wont cause a jam on a single page run.

When the bracket is the correct shape the ps I have mentioned should not be able to change state with a sheet of paper in the feed unit - tested with tray closed and pressing down on actuator, if it does the bracket is too high.

Pocavon
06-30-2016, 01:12 AM
If I understand you correctly, This may have nothing to do with the PS in the horizontal conveyance section. What I need to check is the actuator located on the tray 3 feed head assembly. It needs to switch from Hi to Lo on each sheet and not multiple state changes per sheet. Sorry I dont have the jam code . If this fix doesnt work , Ill be sure to get it.

Thanks

B0265
06-30-2016, 08:38 AM
Remove tray 1 & 2 then you can get to the sensor, it's located above the horizontal conveyance section.

Custom Search