PDA

View Full Version : C554e 3003 jam.

Custom Search

TheBlueOrleans
07-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Senior technician relays SSD advice to me, "replace CL8".
Yeah. Easier said than done. Step by bloody step in the manual and I'm two hours in, getting to the clutch was harder than expected. Replacing it and I really hope this works. Going to spend the majority of my afternoon reassembling this ... I'm just going to say it because it's Friday, reassembling this motherfucker, and hoping that the clutch was the problem.

see another thread for my unapologetic rant about swearing.

paulinho
06-23-2017, 12:39 AM
Senior technician relays SSD advice to me, "replace CL8".
Yeah. Easier said than done. Step by bloody step in the manual and I'm two hours in, getting to the clutch was harder than expected. Replacing it and I really hope this works. Going to spend the majority of my afternoon reassembling this ... I'm just going to say it because it's Friday, reassembling this motherfucker, and hoping that the clutch was the problem.

see another thread for my unapologetic rant about swearing.

Hi mate,

Just wondering whether replacing CL8 fixed the issue?

I have a brand new 554e (<400 copies) with j3003 from all trays. I checked ps3 (even swapped with duplex sensor), checked & reconnected all prcb connectors, removed paper exit assy and cleaned one-way gear, checked registration roller turning ok. No luck.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

blackcat4866
06-23-2017, 12:45 AM
Yes the clutch should solve it. Just watch for a pile of rust on the drive actuator on the door. I wrote this procedure for the 454e but it should guide you in the right direction. I know there's some duplication: I think it says to plug in the fuser motor three times. I'll be correcting that. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
06-23-2017, 01:35 PM
Yes the clutch should solve it. Just watch for a pile of rust on the drive actuator on the door. I wrote this procedure for the 454e but it should guide you in the right direction. I know there's some duplication: I think it says to plug in the fuser motor three times. I'll be correcting that. =^..^=

Have you noticed the fusing exit gray roller shaft on the top of the side door also starting to bind up around this meter count ? We have and now keep its bushings lubricated as soon as it starts, as it certainly doesn't help the situation. (224-554)

Eventually if ignored the bushings end up ovaled out and paper jams result. takes 1 second to turn and check on each call, along with checking the reg rollers for tightness.

tech51
06-23-2017, 06:18 PM
Hi mate,

Just wondering whether replacing CL8 fixed the issue?

I have a brand new 554e (<400 copies) with j3003 from all trays. I checked ps3 (even swapped with duplex sensor), checked & reconnected all prcb connectors, removed paper exit assy and cleaned one-way gear, checked registration roller turning ok. No luck.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
If it is less than 400 copies I wouldn't think its the clutch. I have had a print control board cause it. Also there was a bulletin regarding the wiring to the clutch. Would be worth checking that out.

paulinho
07-05-2017, 06:32 AM

Thanks mate. It ended up being faulty PS3 & PS40 sensors, therefore all fixed after replacing the sensors.

Cheers

n25an
10-18-2018, 12:50 AM

bless you...
bless you...
bless you man...
I could cry...

blackcat4866
10-18-2018, 01:41 AM
Many people cry over my posts. You're in good company. =^..^=

Custom Search