PDA

View Full Version : HELP ADF Doesn't work/ bizhub 250

Custom Search

gasllani
07-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Good morning,

I am in dire need of help. I have a Minolta Bizhub 250 (not C250) which has a DF-605 ADF.

I transported the machine from one location to another yesterday in my SUV (standing upright after removing the bottom drawer). After placing it in the new office, the ADF is no longer turning on. The machine works fine otherwise. I can make copies and scan from the glass but the ADF has no sign of life.

When I go into service mode none of the ADF related services are available (the machine doesn't recognize the ADF as plugged in at all). I checked the plug and it seems fine. I checked the harness and also it seems fine.

I've turned the machine on and off also with no success.

I can't find anything in the manual beyond "call your technician"

Please help, we are a small (new start up) business and this machine is a big part of our operation.

Thank you in advance.

George

Flash
07-04-2016, 08:11 PM
There is a magnetic reed switch that is actuated by a magnet on the front on the adf. The adf may have gotten bumped and knocked the feeder out of alignment. Lift the feeder and loosen the screws on the hinges to adjust the position of the feeder until it is square on the machine.

gasllani
07-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Thanks Flash. I'll take a look at that tonight. Would the misaligned feeder cause no power to run to it from the machine (the green light doesn't turn on at all on the ADF itself)?

copier addict
07-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Have you checked the connector and harness? There could be a broken wire in the harness that goes between machine and DF. Use your meter to check.

gasllani
07-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Thanks copier addict. I'll test that tonight.

The harness in question is part number 4344 5208 01. I tried to see if I can preemptively find it online and replace it, but without much success. Any tips?

fixthecopier
07-05-2016, 06:03 PM
I have had a few of these. When the machine will not recognize the adf, remove the side scanner cover on the home position side. Now look at the wires coming from the back of the plug where the adf plugs in. Sometimes the green gets pushed out by the plug. Push in on all of them and check the machine. If that corrects it, apply some hot glue to hold them in place.

gasllani
07-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Thank you fixthecopier - I'll open that up tonight and see if that is indeed the issue. Just to be clear you're referring to the side panel which houses the round "lock-unlock" scanner knob correct? This would basically give me access to the back of the plug in the copier to see if the terminal is pushed out? Just trying to get this right - so forgive my repetition.

Thanks again.

fixthecopier
07-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Thank you fixthecopier - I'll open that up tonight and see if that is indeed the issue. Just to be clear you're referring to the side panel which houses the round "lock-unlock" scanner knob correct? This would basically give me access to the back of the plug in the copier to see if the terminal is pushed out? Just trying to get this right - so forgive my repetition.

Thanks again.

Correct, the side of the scanner lock.

gasllani
07-06-2016, 06:58 AM
---Problem was solved:D---

After trying all of the solutions you guys provided (for which I am very grateful), I went one step further and took apart the plug of the harness assembly that connects the ADF to the Main Unit. I found inside of it, that two of the terminals had been pushed out of the plug itself. Once i pushed those in, and re-plugged the ADF in, it immediately started working. I am very thankful to all of you for the support.

EarthKmTech
07-06-2016, 10:58 AM
---Problem was solved:D---

After trying all of the solutions you guys provided (for which I am very grateful), I went one step further and took apart the plug of the harness assembly that connects the ADF to the Main Unit. I found inside of it, that two of the terminals had been pushed out of the plug itself. Once i pushed those in, and re-plugged the ADF in, it immediately started working. I am very thankful to all of you for the support.

I've seen this issue on the old finishers too, that may be one of the reasons KM went away from (along with cost) easily unpluggable finishers and document feeders. I seem to recall some other modification bulletin with a thick wedge of mylar was required to make contact properly in some old machine possibly C360 series. I never had the issue so never used them.

Custom Search