PDA

View Full Version : Excel job control checked but setting grayed out

Custom Search

wseyller
07-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Bizhub C554e

Driver on printer running 2012 R2. Konica Minolta C554Series PCL Version 3.1.1.0 and using Pagescope Enterprise.

The IT guy says local clients are unable to uncheck this box as it is greyed out. Also he said it is the same on the server.

I installed it on my windows 10 laptop and I am able to uncheck it.

Does anyone know if version 5.1.3.0 driver would remedy this if they upgraded.

allan
07-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Try to remove the driver from the server completely and reinstall it, then first thing to uncheck the setting.

blackcat4866
07-05-2016, 11:49 PM
It sounds to me like the user rights need to be altered to allow the clients to make changes to the driver. =^..^=

wseyller
07-06-2016, 03:14 PM
I created a couple server 2012 R2 vm's but I couldn't duplicate it with same driver. I do know that it is greyed out if trying to set for a private job. Must do it from devices and printers

But the domain admin can't change it either.

I will probably suggest a reload of driver with latest version.

I have seen it show greyed out before on some installs but never bothered with it or remembered specs of those installs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Synthohol
07-06-2016, 07:18 PM
IIRC there is another driver specifically leaving out the excel job control.
Btw you can uncheck it under preferences. Usually under printing defaults in the advanced tab its grayed out.

Synthohol
07-06-2016, 07:24 PM
Here is the bulletin on it

wseyller
07-07-2016, 02:15 AM
IIRC there is another driver specifically leaving out the excel job control.
Btw you can uncheck it under preferences. Usually under printing defaults in the advanced tab its grayed out.

I was aware of the special driver. I may use it as last option.

In my test I installed on my 2012 R2 domain controller at home and also created a new 2012 R2 virtual server.

In all my test I am able to uncheck the setting whether from printer preferences or from printing defaults or on the client even when I don't have administrative rights. Without admin rights many items are disabled from changing but not the excel job control. This is greyed out when selecting printer properties during a print job but that is documented as normal per the user manual and must be done in devices and printers.

The IT guy for this site is very familiar with Konica Minolta so I am going to give him all the options and see what he wants to do. They ususally don't like to mess with the drivers much because of previous issues concerning Pagescope Enterprise in the past when an issue occurred which caused the copiers to delete the print jobs due to authentication.

Also BTW they have 10 copiers all which are C554e series except for one C654e series driver. Same on all devices.

JR2ALTA
07-07-2016, 04:01 AM
This is one of the biggest blunders ever. I can't tell you how much time I had to spend fixing this mess and the embarrassment of explaining why Konica has defaulted an option that freezes your computer whenever you print from Office. What the bleep was the point of this AT ALL?

BHM
07-07-2016, 03:38 PM
On the 2012 server, is Excel installed?

emujo
07-07-2016, 04:14 PM
I'm not sure why your checkbox is greyed out, but from the print manual...
Excel Job Control] and [Remove White
Background] are not available when you are using 32-bit application
software in 64-bit environment (Windows XP Professional http://www.biz.konicaminolta.com/download/users-guide/c754e_c654e/en/contents/img/userfonts/65.png64, Windows Vista http://www.biz.konicaminolta.com/download/users-guide/c754e_c654e/en/contents/img/userfonts/65.png64, Windows 7 http://www.biz.konicaminolta.com/download/users-guide/c754e_c654e/en/contents/img/userfonts/65.png64, Windows 8 http://www.biz.konicaminolta.com/download/users-guide/c754e_c654e/en/contents/img/userfonts/65.png64, Windows 8.1 http://www.biz.konicaminolta.com/download/users-guide/c754e_c654e/en/contents/img/userfonts/65.png64, Windows Server 2003 http://www.biz.konicaminolta.com/download/users-guide/c754e_c654e/en/contents/img/userfonts/65.png64, Windows Server 2008 http://www.biz.konicaminolta.com/download/users-guide/c754e_c654e/en/contents/img/userfonts/65.png64, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2012 R2). My system is Win 7 64 bit, but Word is a 32 bit app.

You can change the [Excel Job Control] setting only when the printer driver
setting dialog box is displayed on the [Printers] ([Devices and
Printers] in Windows 7/8/8.1/Server 2008 R2/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2
and [Printers and Faxes] in Windows XP/Server 2003) window.
Emujo

BHM
07-07-2016, 06:21 PM
The post above is correct but it should not be greyed on on the 64 bit server if I understand things correctly

wseyller
07-11-2016, 05:28 PM
The special driver worked to eliminate the pop-up.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

morthius
08-31-2018, 03:49 PM
First you have to have at least local admin rights on your workstation then go through the following convoluted process to uncheck the Excel Job Control option (this is for Windows 10 64 bit not sure if it works in other environments):

- Go to settings > devices > printers & scanners - select your Muratec printer and click manage

then go to Hardware properties (don't click printing preferences or printer properties the excel job control will be grayed out in these avenues)

on the general tab click "change settings" at the bottom (if needed type in the admin user and password)

then in the same dialogue go to the settings tab and click Devices and Printers Folder,

in the Devices and Printers window right click on the Printer and select Printer Properties

In the printer properties window on the general tab select preferences

On the "other" tab the check box for Excel Job control should not be grayed out uncheck it click okay and close your other windows

This is what worked for me. For some reason you have to click the "change settings" in the properties window or they box remains grayed out I'm no expert so I don't know the why of it all

Seskoi
09-18-2019, 08:08 PM
First you have to have at least local admin rights on your workstation then go through the following convoluted process to uncheck the Excel Job Control option (this is for Windows 10 64 bit not sure if it works in other environments):

- Go to settings > devices > printers & scanners - select your Muratec printer and click manage

then go to Hardware properties (don't click printing preferences or printer properties the excel job control will be grayed out in these avenues)

on the general tab click "change settings" at the bottom (if needed type in the admin user and password)

then in the same dialogue go to the settings tab and click Devices and Printers Folder,

in the Devices and Printers window right click on the Printer and select Printer Properties

In the printer properties window on the general tab select preferences

On the "other" tab the check box for Excel Job control should not be grayed out uncheck it click okay and close your other windows

This is what worked for me. For some reason you have to click the "change settings" in the properties window or they box remains grayed out I'm no expert so I don't know the why of it all

I created an account just to thank you.

THANKS !!! It works all well now thanks to you.
Have a great day my friend!

Custom Search