PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C280 Can't Access Scan/Fax

Custom Search

ABMDaniel
07-05-2016, 06:11 PM
I've been researching for over an hour now and can't seem to find anyone who has ran into this issue before:

I have a Bizhub C280 at a client's office which was having some trouble receiving incoming faxes. The administrator (client-side) had made several changes, without consulting me, after changing the overall scope of their network. I certainly could have walked them through the process of reassigning everything, but they managed to do it themselves, and also made several unrelated changes, which caused them to have an issue faxing out.

After troubleshooting the issue for an hour on-site, we made the decision to re-initialize both the machine overall and the fax board.

Now, we cannot even access the scan/fax or user box screens using the buttons at the bottom of the control panel. We are able to get a dial tone using problem-unit isolation.

My question: Has anyone ever ran into this, and is there a solution before I start throwing boards at this thing? Would a firmware update possibly fix this?

Thanks in advance.

JrTech
07-05-2016, 06:59 PM
I had this same issue but with Fax only. Customer or someone from that side decided to try their own hand at playing around to set up Account Track and disabled the trays and fax function. I initialized the machine and had to re locate the fax icon and Enable it. The Firmware update (customer did it) didnt do anything for the machine do I downgraded back to previous version and everything worked perfectly before they started messing with it. All in all it was a gigantic headache as no one knew what was changed or done to screw up the machine. I will say this though about Account Track it will NOT work with any Mac OS past Yosemite as newer drivers are a "class driver" which do not have the "security" file built in. Machine specific drivers have this security file built in.

Hope this helps

ABMDaniel
07-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Thanks, JRTech.

When you say that you had to locate and re-enable the fax icon, can you be more specific with what you did?

I appreciate the reply.

JrTech
07-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Yes. The Fax and Scan Icon were not on the screen at all. Went into Admin Mode and enabled them, once signed out they appeared on the UI and had full functions. This client sub leases to other clients (12 smaller offices using a KM BH501 and KM BH C280) and someone tried to cheat the system by changing things so they can print without restrictions. Usually the trays will disable when an error occurs (paper stuck in between the machine and tray) and you have to re initialize to put back into action. I will try to pull the paperwork to see the step by step directions as I was proficient on the tray issues but not familiar with the Fax/Scan icon issue and found it out by luck. Turns out my local KM dealers were as helpful as a bull with tits so I had to fly by the seat of my pants for this one. I will let you know by close of business today, I am on East Coast Time.

Hope this helps

MVPunisher
07-05-2016, 07:38 PM
Did you verify the HDD is enabled in the service mode. Resets tend to disable that HDD

ABMDaniel
07-05-2016, 08:12 PM
MVPunisher, you hit the nail on the head. My technician that had done the initialization had re-written everything else correctly, but missed re-setting the hard drive. Thank you!

Thanks to JrTech also. I haven't ran into that same Account Track issue with Mac OSes before, but I'd imagine that's due to a VERY low number of Mac environments that we generally have to deal with. I had been thinking along the lines of User Authentication potentially blocking access, but with that having been set to off, I started off an a line of thinking toward corrupted firmware.

Thanks again MVPunisher. I guess I've never forgotten to reset the HDD. :confused:

MVPunisher
07-05-2016, 08:32 PM
I just did this last week and temporarily forgot to enable HDD. Was fresh in my brain ;).

Custom Search