PDA

View Full Version : Mystery solved

Custom Search

kingarthur
07-06-2016, 03:19 PM

I expect others have already discovered this, but just in case, lately when replacing rollers on DF-624 & DF-701, i've discovered a very small magnet attached to the metal shaft, I've never been able to work out where it went, and as they still worked, I didn't worry about it....until today, I had a DF-701 which kept detecting paper in the paper take up/infeed,when there wasn't, i worked out that the paper detect actuator wasn't returning to the home position, on checking the parts list, it showed a magnet attached to the actuator, and once I started to take the RADF feed apart, I found the magnet again attached to the shaft, it actually goes in a small recess in the side of the actuator, as a counterweight....:D

qbert69
07-06-2016, 06:41 PM

I expect others have already discovered this, but just in case, lately when replacing rollers on DF-624 & DF-701, i've discovered a very small magnet attached to the metal shaft, I've never been able to work out where it went, and as they still worked, I didn't worry about it....until today, I had a DF-701 which kept detecting paper in the paper take up/infeed,when there wasn't, i worked out that the paper detect actuator wasn't returning to the home position, on checking the parts list, it showed a magnet attached to the actuator, and once I started to take the RADF feed apart, I found the magnet again attached to the shaft, it actually goes in a small recess in the side of the actuator, as a counterweight....:D

Magnet as a counterweight?!....WTF???....what happened to just a simple piece of steel that is not magnetized???....unless of course there is a hall effect sensor in the vicinity, then the magnet would make sense!

DOH! :cool:

wseyller
07-07-2016, 02:36 AM
that is interesting, wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the post.

blackcat4866
07-07-2016, 02:40 AM
Watch out for those paperclips. Maybe the idea is that the magnet will find someplace ferrous to stick to, out of the way of the originals. Leastways, that's how it worked for you. Interesting find! Thanks for sharing. =^..^=

Redrichie
07-08-2016, 11:45 AM
I have to take one apart today and see this. I sometimes wonder what think tank devised certain parts. Lol

Custom Search