PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C452 fuser problem

Custom Search

araven666
07-07-2016, 10:48 AM
Hello, I have a problem with my C452, I have scratched one of the rollers of the fuser. I teared a small scratch on the roller. I went in two shops to find a way to replace the part but they tell me different things so I ask for a little help since no service manual explains it.

On the picture is the tear. Is this the fuser film sleeve that I can change or is it the other roller (pressure roller) and I have to buy a new roller.

Thank you in advance!

MDR24
07-07-2016, 11:05 AM
No service manual explains it because you can't exchange those parts on the fuser. If you want a new roller you'll have to buy a whole fuser and replace it.

araven666
07-07-2016, 11:23 AM
No service manual says which roller is pressure and which is heat. If I have where to buy the parts and assume I can try to change it. Is it the sleeve that is damaged or the other roller?
I can try to fix it I can't damaged any more. Worst that can happen is to have to get a new fuser. Compared to try and fix it for $50 I would give it a shot.
Thank you for the reply anyway.

Trigger
07-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Its not that hard, I've done it a few times myself. Only thing to watch out for is the muffler bearings and the pipe shaft.
Good luck!:D

lilleputte
07-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Has taken them apart a few times and used pirate rollers, ( but with bad results)

the idea is that you only replace the entire assembly !

good luck :p

copyman
07-07-2016, 02:17 PM
Like the others said this fuser is sold as a complete unit. Perhaps aftermarket rollers available. Looking at the pictures roller don't look that bad. Is it affecting the print? If not I would just leave it alone until it gets worse. Who knows it may last it's full life cycle.

araven666
07-07-2016, 02:43 PM
If it's not a 100% fill color print it prints just fine better than most Minolta I have worked with. But if it is full color it leaves a scratch mark on the paper. I have worked around that with papers that print on thick 2 since I have Minolta 363 I just run the print one more time with blank page and the fuser seales the problems but 1) that is temporary solution 2) works only till 200 gr paper and if you have more pages to print drives you insane :) Otherwise no problems with printer

Woxner
07-08-2016, 04:48 AM
dont waste your time trying to fix this. they dont make parts. it needs the sleeve to work proper.

araven666
07-08-2016, 07:12 AM
dont waste your time trying to fix this. they dont make parts. it needs the sleeve to work proper.

Thank you! I'll post update how it turned out after replacement

copier tech
07-08-2016, 09:17 AM
These fuser units can go over 600k so yes they are expensive but they last!

You can however now order the drive gears in the fuser FYI.

araven666
08-01-2016, 03:11 PM
New China film sleeve came at last. After change I had some minor adjustments to make. Apparently the new fuser requires higher temperature. After 2 hours of testing and adjusting prints great with no problems on the print and great colors even on full black print :) $ 60 total repair cost.
500 pages later with full color prints on different types of paper and cardboard still no issues
:o

Synaux
08-02-2016, 10:30 PM
New China film sleeve came at last. After change I had some minor adjustments to make. Apparently the new fuser requires higher temperature. After 2 hours of testing and adjusting prints great with no problems on the print and great colors even on full black print :) $ 60 total repair cost.
500 pages later with full color prints on different types of paper and cardboard still no issues

Who is your source for the rollers?

araven666
08-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Who is your source for the rollers?

Check your messages.
If anyone else is interested post in thread will reply in private message;)

joelea
10-17-2016, 08:53 PM

Is the sleeve a replacement roller? Was it difficult to fit? How do you know what adjustments to make? Are there instructions with it?

araven666
10-18-2016, 02:23 PM
Is the sleeve a replacement roller? Was it difficult to fit? How do you know what adjustments to make? Are there instructions with it?

The sleeve is not a roller 3447034471
It's not difficult to fit but you have to take the fuser unit apart
No adjustments disassemble change the sleeve and assemble back
Instruction for what ?
If you ask how to take the fuser unit apart yes somewhere in the service manual in the manufacturer but I don't have it

Custom Search