PDA

View Full Version : BH454 Document Registration Overload error (Solved)

Custom Search

BHM
07-08-2016, 05:26 PM
Just an FYI...

We have a customer with Bizhub 454 that is using ID&Print. Several employees work from home and send print jobs all week and then come in on Friday and retrieve their jobs.We started intermittently getting print job failures and the error was "Document Registration Overload". Nothing in the 454 manuals about that error and tech support said that error does not pertain to the 454 but if I format the hdd, it would solve the issue.

I eventually found in the user manual that there is a number of ID&Print files that can be stored. For each individual, only 200 files and collectively, only 3,000 files can by in the ID&Print user box at one time.

Woxner
07-08-2016, 05:36 PM
you would be correct on that. it has limits

blackcat4866
07-09-2016, 02:06 AM
That's good to know BHM. Thanks. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
07-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Sales opportunity for papercut mf / ysoft / etc.

allan
07-10-2016, 07:43 PM

I have been begin for months that one customer should get Y-soft because the 423 machines would just lock up.
Formating the machines works every time.

Backup format restore repeat.

Mr Spock
07-10-2016, 10:24 PM

I was thinking follow me printing solution so it stays on server not machines HDD.

BHM
07-10-2016, 11:21 PM

Yep, they already have. quote for PC from about six months ago. At that time it was not worth the investment as most of their machines do not have any account tracking or secure printing requirments.

Heck even this machine was fine until they had an increase in the number of workers working from home. This issue along with a few other departments wanting cost control will probably have them making the PC purchase.

Custom Search