PDA

View Full Version : Saturn KM-300ci "Add Cyan Toner"

Custom Search

blackcat4866
07-09-2016, 08:49 PM
I know part of the problem: The color developer motor won't turn. It just happened to need cyan toner at the time, and since the developing units won't agitate, The toner density remains low.

I swapped the adjoining motor to the DEVM-MCY position. The old color developer motor ran when connected as a cleaning unit motor. The cleaning unit motor doesn't run when put into service as a color developer motor. There is very little drag on the drive, so it seems pretty simple, yes? The engine PWB is not turning on the color developing motor.

I ordered the new style developing motor, and the engine PWB, and installed them Friday. The color developing motor still does not turn.

I have not yet pinned out the wiring. I have not left the motor out, and plugged it into the harness to see if it will run, but I suspect that it won't. Otherwise what else could it be? The main PWB must tell the engine PWB, at some point, to turn on the motor.

There are perhaps 9 other motors spinning away right next to it. 4 drum motors, 2 cleaning motors, black developing motor, vertical path motor, so I know that those voltages are reaching the engine PWB. What else could it be?
=^..^=

correo.tony
07-11-2016, 08:35 AM
Hi !
I had that problem with a taskalfa 400ci,
replace parts in order:
1. Developer cyan motor
if not resolve the problem replace
2. Developer unit C
3. Engine PWB
in my case I had to replace the 3 pieces to resolve the problem !

ALSO SEE THE SERVICE BULLETIN ATTACHED, it's can help you !

Bye

Tonerkiller
07-11-2016, 01:15 PM
I would replace the c dev unit.

blackcat4866
07-11-2016, 01:36 PM

If the cyan developing unit is not seized (and it's not) how would it stop the motor from turning, or the engine PWB from driving it?

I would like to know the logic behind it. And thank you very much for your responses.
=^..^=

Tonerkiller
07-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Maybe the wiper blade for the toner sensor fell off.

blackcat4866
07-15-2016, 03:25 AM
Maybe the wiper blade for the toner sensor fell off. ... and even though it's adding toner, the color developing motor does not run? I don't buy it.

I installed the main PWB today. The motor now runs for nearly 10 seconds at initialization ... and that's it. That's a change for the better. Even when the motor is hanging there mid-air with nothing to drive, it still runs for only 10 seconds. That rules out any sort of drag in the developing unit drive. The units all turn freely, and from the inner rear frame I can turn the motor, so there's no loss in transmission of drive.

Unrelated, I found a broken cyan drum unit cleaning auger, but I can't imagine it having anything to do with the main issue. =^..^=

Santander
07-16-2016, 02:24 AM
Hey Blackcat,
Have you checked for any pinched wires behind the developing fan on the RH rear side of the machine? There was a TB about this when replacing the motors that re-installing the motor without removing the fan could pinch/short out the wires. We had a similar problem a number of years ago, but the exact resolution escapes my memory. I will dig through the service archives and let you know what we did to resolve this.

blackcat4866
07-16-2016, 03:22 AM
Hey Blackcat,
Have you checked for any pinched wires behind the developing fan on the RH rear side of the machine? There was a TB about this when replacing the motors that re-installing the motor without removing the fan could pinch/short out the wires. We had a similar problem a number of years ago, but the exact resolution escapes my memory. I will dig through the service archives and let you know what we did to resolve this.

I did that exact thing, maybe 5 years ago. It was a black drum motor that gave drive codes, and when replaced, the new motor did the same thing, During one of the disassemblies I had pinched one of the wires to frame. The motor still ran, but more slowly. It drove me nuts for two weeks. Good idea. =^..^=

blackcat4866
08-01-2016, 03:29 AM
Hi !
I had that problem with a taskalfa 400ci,
replace parts in order:
1. Developer cyan motor
2. Developer unit C
3. Engine PWB
in my case I had to replace the 3 pieces to resolve the problem !

ALSO SEE THE SERVICE BULLETIN ATTACHED, it's can help you !

Bye

The cyan DEV is the final thing that brought this machine around, or maybe the only thing, but it's working. I also found a broken cyan drum waste auger, which I believe to be unrelated to the original problem. I was happily surprised to see that I could re-assemble the drum cleaning unit into a working assembly. Anybody who's been into one of these knows it's confusing where each of the (4) toner waste busting springs goes.

I believe it to be similar to Tony's case, since the color developing motor never even attempted to run until the engine board had been replaced. Even then for only 10 seconds, until the cyan developing unit was replaced.

Thanks everyone for your comments. =^..^=

Custom Search