Custom Search

coveredinoil
07-11-2016, 07:41 AM
Hi
I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C280 which is printing darker than it
should.
If I take a photo it looks good on the camera, my laptop(XP) and my
Mac (el capitan) but if I print from LT, Mac or event from a usb stick (plugged
in printer) the Image is much darker than I would expect to see.
Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks

minimerlin
07-11-2016, 08:08 AM
Hi
I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C280 which is printing darker than it
should.
If I take a photo it looks good on the camera, my laptop(XP) and my
Mac (el capitan) but if I print from LT, Mac or event from a usb stick (plugged
in printer) the Image is much darker than I would expect to see.
Can anyone help me with this?
ThanksThis does not give us much to work on! What is the counts on the Drums, Dev units etc? When was it last serviced? Have you called a Tech or just want us to diagnose it for free? What are the internal test prints like? Are you an end user?
Sorry to be negative but without knowing all the facts, and seeing the output, it is impossible to say what your problem is!

allan
07-11-2016, 08:55 AM
Just before the developer runs out the prints gets to dark due to the fact that the machine will add the same amount off toner regardless of the amount of developer.

coveredinoil
07-11-2016, 10:34 AM
Sorry, let's try and answer some of the questions raised.
Hope that answers the usage bit.
Not sure when it was last serviced, i inherited it along with a very small business.
I have not called a tech YET and i DON'T want it diagnosed for free, just a few pointers if there is anything simple i should check or look out for first. My business is really up against the wall (along with main others I hear you call)
The internal test print looks ok (to me!)
Yes I'm the end user.
Thanks for any help

Synthohol
07-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Try hitting utility, administrator mode, 12345678, locate expert adjustment and run gradations 3 times for each catagory.
Gradations are the machines color calibration. If you have a users manual this is covered.

gerryproulx
07-11-2016, 05:49 PM
agreed do the gradations first and you can try a different driver

allan
07-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Sorry, let's try and answer some of the questions raised.
Hope that answers the usage bit.
Not sure when it was last serviced, i inherited it along with a very small business.
I have not called a tech YET and i DON'T want it diagnosed for free, just a few pointers if there is anything simple i should check or look out for first. My business is really up against the wall (along with main others I hear you call)
The internal test print looks ok (to me!)
Yes I'm the end user.
Thanks for any help

What is the total meter count?

coveredinoil
07-11-2016, 06:21 PM
What is the total meter count?

Total = 239733
Colour = 79280
Black = 160453

(Will try graduation shortly and will report back)

tech51
07-11-2016, 06:23 PM
In the print driver there are settings for different applications such as cad,photo etc.
After setting up the gradation as previously suggested, I would play with the settings.

coveredinoil
07-11-2016, 08:32 PM
Try hitting utility, administrator mode, 12345678, locate expert adjustment and run gradations 3 times for each catagory.
Gradations are the machines color calibration. If you have a users manual this is covered.
Wow, that's so much better. I had run gradation once before, but just the once!
One last question(I hope), blue looks a little washed out (not much, i can live with it if needs be) but would running through "Application - Edit Colour - Colour Adjustment" help? or is that just for the copy function?
Thanks again.

Synthohol
07-11-2016, 11:11 PM
in some cases i have run the gradations 6 times each and that may help.
also this is a color machine yet only 1/3 of its output is color.
the toner and developer get stale from non use.
there is an electrical "condition" called Tribo, if the DV units only churn for the initialization on warm up and not regularly used it will cause the ATDC sensor to report the reading of stale toner/developer and may never adequately replenish the toner to give the best color from the machine.

that adjustment you mentioned is just for copies.
fwiw if you use the PCL driver instead of the preferred PS you can adjust each color before printing.

coveredinoil
07-12-2016, 06:37 AM
fwiw if you use the PCL driver instead of the preferred PS you can adjust each color before printing.

I'm on an iMac OS X(10.11) so stuck with PS driver (unless some can educate me a bit more!)

But thanks again for all the help.

Custom Search