PDA

View Full Version : C284 Touchscreen issue after updating TCP settings

Custom Search

REM
07-13-2016, 07:48 PM
Hello,

I recently acquired a used C284 with little use (7k). I have been using it in the stand alone copy mode for several days with no trouble at all. I integrated it into my network today so I could print to it. At first, I changed the tcp settings to auto, but it appeared to acquire 169.254.169.200 as the address and 255.255.0.0 as the subnet. This is not my network and I could not print to it. I then changed the settings back to static and 10.0.0.200 along with 255.255.255.0 for the subnet. I had to cycle power after the changes and when it restarted, the touchscreen would not function properly. The top row of the touchscreen appears to function because I can call up the copy count and job list, etc. Pressing near the bottom also simulates a press along the top in that the copy count, etc will open up.

It is noteworthy that once the system enters sleep mode, pressing the screen anywhere will bring it out of sleep mode. So it seems that the screen is registering touches but not correlating them to the buttons. I doubt the screen went bad with no indication and during my power up right after changing the network settings. I believe that something may have been corrupted during this power down or up.

Any suggestions on how to proceed.

Thanks.

Brett GS
07-13-2016, 08:23 PM
Hello,

I recently acquired a used C284 with little use (7k). I have been using it in the stand alone copy mode for several days with no trouble at all. I integrated it into my network today so I could print to it. At first, I changed the tcp settings to auto, but it appeared to acquire 169.254.169.200 as the address and 255.255.0.0 as the subnet. This is not my network and I could not print to it. I then changed the settings back to static and 10.0.0.200 along with 255.255.255.0 for the subnet. I had to cycle power after the changes and when it restarted, the touchscreen would not function properly. The top row of the touchscreen appears to function because I can call up the copy count and job list, etc. Pressing near the bottom also simulates a press along the top in that the copy count, etc will open up.

It is noteworthy that once the system enters sleep mode, pressing the screen anywhere will bring it out of sleep mode. So it seems that the screen is registering touches but not correlating them to the buttons. I doubt the screen went bad with no indication and during my power up right after changing the network settings. I believe that something may have been corrupted during this power down or up.

Any suggestions on how to proceed.

Thanks.
Seems like a touch panel calibration is neede,not touch panel adjustment.
If you have firmware on a usb then put it into the service port and power on machine holding reset until the dot in the top right appears and then release and wait till the touch panel calibration comes up and press start.
Once its done the screen will go to the normal firmware screen,you can turn the machine off before it starts loading firmware and remove the usb.
Power back up and check if your issue is resolved.

REM
07-13-2016, 08:55 PM
If you have firmware on a usb then put it into the service port and power on machine holding reset until the dot in the top right appears and then release and wait till the touch panel calibration comes up and press start.
Once its done the screen will go to the normal firmware screen,you can turn the machine off before it starts loading firmware and remove the usb.

Thanks Brett. I do not have any firmware. Do you know where I can download that.

Thanks,

Rick

Synthohol
07-13-2016, 09:05 PM
Here this is easier:
Press accessibility and select touch panel calibration.
Thats one way.
Another is press menu, counter, stop, clear,1,1,6,6 press start. After 30 seconds turn off main power swith inside the door count to ten then turn on.
Good luck.

REM
07-13-2016, 10:07 PM
Here this is easier:
Thats one way.
Another is press menu, counter, stop, clear,1,1,6,6 press start. After 30 seconds turn off main power swith inside the door count to ten then turn on.
Good luck.

Thank you for the information. But the accessibility only gives me access to touch panel adjustment and not touchpanel calibration. I can get to the adjustment, but it will not recognize any of the touches above the + signs.

REM
07-14-2016, 02:20 AM

I agree reed it sounds like a touch screen calibration is needed. I am not sure if this matters, but I get 5 beeps at the startup of the machine.

copier tech
07-14-2016, 08:12 AM
If you can turn DHCP back on, if not leave as is, shut down, remove the LAN cable & power on the machine, leave it for around 5-10 minutes & see if the panel returns to normal?

REM
07-14-2016, 06:05 PM
If you can turn DHCP back on, if not leave as is, shut down, remove the LAN cable & power on the machine, leave it for around 5-10 minutes & see if the panel returns to normal?

Thanks again for the good suggestions. I am hesitant to turn dhcp back on in case I were to loose the ability to at least print now. I did however try your suggestion and experienced No joy. It still exhibits the same issue. I've contacted a repair shop and am awaiting their call back.

Rick

REM
07-17-2016, 05:53 AM
Here this is easier:
Thats one way.
Good luck.

Well, I finally re-read your suggestion and the second part of your message actually registered with me. I'm not sure how I missed it the first time (I think I was just so frazzled that I wasn't seeing things clearly on my iPhone). Anyways, I followed your suggestion of menu, stop, ... and bingo that got me back and running. I don't think my screen is perfect because the top row fails to register a touch so I can't get to the counters now or the accessibility, but everything else functions on the screen.

I wished I would have paid better attention to the second part of your message and I could of saved a 2 Hr service call in which the tech disassembled the screen looking for a loose connection and reloaded firmware with no success.

Anyways, thanks again you got me back up and working.

Is is there a supply house that you could recommend that sells a replacement screen in case the issue persists.

REM
07-17-2016, 07:47 PM
Here this is easier:
Thats one way.
Good luck.

Synthohol, you are the man! I had misread your original post (probably due to my frazzled state and reading onsite with my iPhone) and didn't get the 2nd part of your message. I was reviewing all the feedback again last night and tried your suggestion with the 1,1,6,6... It worked!!! My screen is back functional. I may still have an issue with the screen because now the very top buttons (like counter and accessibility are not functional) but everything else is. It's kinda odd because when the screen malfunctioned, only the top row functioned.

I've only had the unit a week or so, and I seem to recall that the job lost wouldn't work but I didn't know if it was only active if a job was pending since this copier was new to me. But I did take a picture of the counters so I know that it was accessible at one point.

I wanted to thank you and this forum for the solid advice. I wish I had more carefully reviewed your previous email because I went through a 2 Hr service call with the tech where he dismantled the touchscreen looking for a loose connection and then performed a firmware upgrade. Of course none of this was successful.

Can someone recommend a supply house where I could purchase a replacement screen in case my problem persists.

Rick

Custom Search