PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta c 360 wont copy

Custom Search

brent
07-13-2016, 08:38 PM
and what I mean is.. I am running 2 of these machines pretty hard.. everything was fine until the machine called for cyan toner
I opened up the front door. and it was full it sounds like it is trying to add toner but nothing happens.. and it will not come to copy mode
it is always warming up.. on a side note I am not sure what or if this helped to get to this condition but the toner waste pipe on the cyan drum
was clogged and completely full.. I had to chunk It out it backed up into the machine and around the drum
I am not sure if this is pretty obvious or if I have just missed something what have I got?

thanks
brent

blackcat4866
07-14-2016, 01:12 AM
Are you looking for something preventative to do?

What kind of environment is it in? Hot, humid, stuffed in a closet without ventilation. It could be high internal temperature, inside the box. Like a blocked fan filter, disfunction fan, extra hot environment. Or it could be a one-off. =^..^=

allan
07-14-2016, 06:17 AM
Stick your finger into the hopper holes to feel if they are empty or over full. It helps to strip and clean the hopper from time to time as developer gets stuck to the magnets.
How the developer gets in there beats me.
Strip off the cover over the toner bottles to see if its really turning.

For the waste toner clogging up... Could be over toning.
If its close to or past life i would replace the drum and developer unit.
Make sure the engine cavity is nice and clean around the contacts.

paulrid
07-14-2016, 07:27 AM
Try a data error reset in tech rep I've seen this on these machines, its trying to fill toner but not seeing an increase in % level. Also check tcr % it will probably only show one with a % which will be the problem one. May need new dev unit.
paul.

brent
07-14-2016, 03:31 PM
thsnks guys. I will check it out. It's weird it wont code out. It only times out for trying to add cyan. It is working now. Only in black mode. So there is certainly s problem. I may have 2 problems going with thr machine. I'll take s look and see if I can find the toner port. Snd see if it's clogged It wants to make the noise of trying to turn the bottle. But it won't turn. I even tried another toner cartridge. No dice. Thanks!

zackaracka
07-14-2016, 04:29 PM
ive had this happen on two different machines and i had to replace the toner hopper section

Woxner
07-15-2016, 03:32 AM
fyi toner bottles come with a little dev in it to replenish the dev unit as it ages. thats how it gets in toner unit

Synthohol
07-15-2016, 04:39 AM
fyi toner bottles come with a little dev in it to replenish the dev unit as it ages. thats how it gets in toner unit
no, there is no ferrite, its all pigment, wax and carbon. pure toner, no developer.

allan
07-15-2016, 05:37 AM

Yes the newer machines like the 4 series does replenish developer.
And the reason that there is photo sensors in instead of reed switches on the hopper.

But not on these machines.

Its easy to see the developer for the 4 series in the yellow toner bottle.

Custom Search