PDA

View Full Version : C280 partial magenta background

Custom Search

copier addict
07-14-2016, 01:38 PM
I have a C280 in an office that is producing a partial magenta background. The customer says they will print their colour flyers and after 50 to 75 pages they will start to see a light magenta haze over half of the page. All of the consumables are within yield. I pulled the transfer belt and it seems to be cleaning properly. I was thinking maybe a failing printhead, but it seems to me that when they are failing the background is on all sheets.
Has anyone experienced an issue like this? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Max
07-14-2016, 04:02 PM
Can you post an example please?

allan
07-14-2016, 04:33 PM
I have seen this if its not getting proper charge. Change the magenta drum out with cyan to check it the problem stays on magenta or turn blue.

kingarthur
07-14-2016, 04:58 PM
I agree with Allan, the grid on the MC corona is probably dirty, if within yield, I strip them down and clean them

habik
07-21-2016, 12:16 AM
I had C308 that was making a yellow blanket and that was caused by faulty HV PWB. Try swapping the drums and then reseat the HV PWB.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

copier tech
07-21-2016, 07:47 AM
Wen you say "The customer says they will print their colour flyers" are these full page colour prints? if so then your image unit will not hit yield.

copier addict
07-21-2016, 03:42 PM
When I was there a week ago I removed and reinstalled magenta drum and re-seated magenta dev unit connector. I also noticed (almost 100% sure this wasn't the problem) the shutter had fallen off the magenta toner, likely during installation. I found the shutter in the box and re-installed it on the cartridge. Anyways, I haven't heard back from them, so I hope that means they are not having the problem anymore.
Thanks for all the replies.

Custom Search