PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Meter Reads for Specific Time Period on Bizhub C364?

Custom Search

RFUMS
07-14-2016, 11:48 PM
Greetings, fellow forum members!

I have a quick (hopefully, not too silly question).

Is there a way to get meter reads, on a Bizhub 364, for a specific period of time (not just for the entire lifetime of the machine)? For example, we would like to obtain meter readings (both black-and-white and color for one year's worth of usage).

Please advise if this is possible!

Many thanks, in advance, and have a great day! :)

blackcat4866
07-15-2016, 01:29 AM
Most dealers make use of a concept called subtraction. It works something like this:

You get a current monthly monochrome and color count. Then you subtract last months numbers, revealing a single month of usage. Voila! =^..^=

emujo
07-15-2016, 03:12 PM
Agree, the built in user authentication/account track meter info is pretty basic. The feature that allows the MFP to send the "overall meter count" does not break the info down by users, nor does it base it on a time period, just a continuous sum. If you are using some type of MFP authentication you still have to export the counter list and reset the counters to start from scratch at the beginning of the month/quarter. You need some kind of 3rd party software like Equitrac to get usage reports based on users/time periods/devices. I do have some POC with a high level of Excel knowledge, and they have become pretty proficient at getting the info they need, but again, it requires the user counts to be reset before a new batch of data can be worked with. Emujo

TheBlueOrleans
07-15-2016, 03:57 PM
Not sure if the machine in question is handled directly by KM, but if so, anyone with appropriate access to SAP should be able to isolate specific meter readings for a set time period. Haven't logged in to SAP in almost a year, so my account has been suspended.

Custom Search