PDA

View Full Version : TWAIN Scanning Issue

Custom Search

Damon
07-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Hi,
I've got a customer with a Bizhub 250 running on a 5 computer (winXP pro) network. The customer can print, ping, and access the webtools of the copier without any dramas. However they are trying to setup TWAIN scanning, their IT person has installed the TWAIN driver onto the computers, however when they go to select a device from the TWAIN window nothing comes up.

Just wanting suggestions.. I might have overlooked something, so any suggestions are welcome :)

iMind
07-06-2008, 11:55 PM
Hi,
I've got a customer with a C450 running on a 5 computer (winXP pro) network. The customer can print, ping, and access the webtools of the copier without any dramas. However they are trying to setup TWAIN scanning, their IT person has installed the TWAIN driver onto the computers, however when they go to select a device from the TWAIN window nothing comes up.

Just wanting suggestions.. I might have overlooked something, so any suggestions are welcome :)Hi, on ricohs, the twain driver is hidden, just try openning MSword or whatever and select insert file from scanner and your option "twain" machine will popup, thats it. hope this helps

Damon
07-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Yeah have done all that, a window comes up and asks what Konica Minolta machine you want to use (it scans the network).. but for the customer nothing is coming up.

I went through a step-by-step install with him over the phone, and I can get TWAIN scanning to work here, but he gets nothing.

iMind
07-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Yeah have done all that, a window comes up and asks what Konica Minolta machine you want to use (it scans the network).. but for the customer nothing is coming up.

I went through a step-by-step install with him over the phone, and I can get TWAIN scanning to work here, but he gets nothing.Maybe he´s got the firewall blocking something try doing an exception for that twain driver on the firewall.

ni311
07-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Did you installed the USB cable between machine and PC? From what I know, the twain scanning can be made only through usb cable.
When you'll connect the machine to the PC, an wizard should pop up (twice, once for the printer and once for the twain) and ask for the drivers, just indicate the path.
Just to be sure, go to control panel -> system -> hardware -> device manager -> imaging devices. Under this category, you'll see all the twain devices installed.

PS: The firewall has nothing to do with the twain.

big jase
07-20-2008, 07:58 PM
i had a similer problem on a c250,the mc destinations was set to japan not europe so would reconise the twain driver:rolleyes:

DadO
07-21-2008, 08:39 AM
For a twain scan, ur cable should not exceed 5m unless u don't buy a HP expensive usb cable. Only user that can use twain scan is the user connected directly to printer via USB cable.(twain is not a network scan)

From what i read u say u can ping the machine?How can u ping an USB cable? Only cable u can ping is UTP TCP/IP cable,that is network cable
(referring to copier technology only).

Whit standard bizhub250 u can scan to SMB, scan to e-mail and scan to FTP via NETWORK CABLE. If u want to use direct scan via network cable u must buy SU-501 scanner unit.

U missed something here :)

Custom Search