PDA

View Full Version : FS-527 jam

Custom Search

jwrycza
07-19-2016, 09:53 PM
I have an FS-527 jamming with a 72-19 code. It happens at random times. Sometime you can run hundreds of pages just fine and at times it is constant. I notice it usually happens on 3-5 page jobs. I have replaced PS8, PS9, PS10, FSCB and M4. All the relevent parts in the manual. When the jam occurs, the page just stops about 2.5 inches into the finisher and the next 2 pages will crash inside the horizontal transport unit. Something is not engaging. I am just not sure what. The sensor tests in service mode work just fine. Any ideas out there?
P.s. This finisher does not have the solenoid and spring that is known for breaking!

Synthohol
07-19-2016, 11:28 PM
take off the finisher entrance plate, there is a mylar on the bottom of where the paper first goes, it tends to wear a loop and catches pages. looks as thin as a human hair so look carefully, its only 3 black screws and 4 silver.
i snap off the loop and smooth it down with a scotchbrite pad.
good luck, i just had this today.
are some pages getting small dogears? thats the reason too.

blackcat4866
07-19-2016, 11:44 PM
take off the finisher entrance plate, there is a mylar on the bottom of where the paper first goes, it tends to wear a loop and catches pages. looks as thin as a human hair so look carefully, its only 3 black screws and 4 silver.
i snap off the loop and smooth it down with a scotchbrite pad.
good luck, i just had this today.
are some pages getting small dogears? thats the reason too.

I've seen this on the FS-534 at around 800K prints. Essentially the top mylar has a 135 degree fold, so when the mylar wears through on that fold the remaining piece hangs down snagging the paper as it passes. As a replacement I've been using the conveyance mylar that does not work so well on the regulating plates. It just needs to be cut for width.

Hold on, I may have a picture:

There you go.

I would also check the regulating plates for paper cuts. =^..^=

Synthohol
07-20-2016, 04:12 AM
thanks for the pics! you can see the loop i was talking about.
i didnt think to snap a pic when i did mine today.

jwrycza
07-20-2016, 12:52 PM
Thanks, I will look for that today! Incidently, there is no damage to the leading edge of the paper what so ever.

Custom Search