PDA

View Full Version : Scan to email issues that just popped up.

Custom Search

mitchl
07-21-2016, 05:26 PM
We realized yesterday afternoon we couldnt scan to email on our in house Bizhub color. Did the usual checked IP, port etc. All was fine setiings wise..... then the calls started coming from our customers and they couldnt scan to email either. We use a email account called safescan that we set up through our BlueHost server under our domain. many of the customers use their own email address so its not just Blue host its everybody. Anyone else experiencing these issues? If so what have you found out? I'm was just told that it has to do with public and private ISP's and some type of pissing match between the 2. I will get more info but the guys on a plane flying form the WC. Any and all input is appreciated as we have to come up with a fix ASAP.

mo0651
07-21-2016, 07:04 PM
What is the actual error that the machine is getting??? Model of machine would not hurt!!

habik
07-21-2016, 07:25 PM
Gmail

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Synthohol
07-21-2016, 10:29 PM
yeah it does not matter about users email addys, just the one account setup to use.
gmail, unless its a non e 4 series.

mitchl
07-22-2016, 06:05 PM
What is the actual error that the machine is getting??? Model of machine would not hurt!!
Sorry man the models are various from C451's to c360's, 364's and the e versions............ Can not connect to server is the message in the log. So one of local IT guys gave me a few thing to try and what works now is actually sort of scary. He recommended that I see if my ISP had email included which they did its Brighthouse. I set up a scan email account changed everything over and low and behold it worked. So I now have an email account set up on my ISP's server and everything is OK except it explains nothing. Why wont our machine reach other email servers that are using a different ISP? Strange indeed.

mitchl
07-22-2016, 06:08 PM
yeah it does not matter about users email addys, just the one account setup to use.
gmail, unless its a non e 4 series. I was told yesterday that Gmail has been a huge PITA lately for scanning.

Synthohol
07-22-2016, 06:40 PM
Only the non e series has issues because gmail changed to a tighter security tsl 1.2 I think and the non e series is only capable for 1.1.
So thwre was a bulletin to install special firmware and change 2 bit switches and it works.

Custom Search