PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C650 thinks new black toner is empty - any thoughts?

Custom Search

Billvo
07-21-2016, 10:28 PM
Konica Minolta Bizhub C650 said to replace black toner - I did - does not recognize new full toner (had same problem with yellow, re-inserted empty yellow then new one and machine saw it as new)
Tried same method with black but it did not work
Please suggest potential fixes.
Thanks in advance!

Synthohol
07-21-2016, 10:30 PM
check the 3 gold fingers that contact the toner chip. may be bent.

dbeyma
07-21-2016, 10:58 PM
I have a c550 and the yellow image unit keeps running out of toner? But the toner is new, not sure if it's the toner motor or toner hopper? How hard is it to change? I went through 2 image units and am afraid to put another in. I think it runs out of toner then uses up the developer and ruins the image unit....Where's the sensor? appreciate the help...

mo0651
07-21-2016, 11:01 PM
Is the toner bottle staying seated in the clip or is it popping out?? Also had one where there was toner in the engaging clip in the back where the toner bottle gear engages.

Billvo
07-26-2016, 02:05 PM
Black Toner is staying in place - cyan wants to escape, but door will hold in - waste toner box has been emptied, but windows look a little cloudy -
1. could the waste toner box trick the machine into thinking it needs black toner?
2. could the black imaging unit near end of life generate a message that the black toner is empty?
Thanks

Synaux
07-27-2016, 11:18 PM
I have this problem with two 650s in my shop. Here is what I do:

I took the magnet on the toner door off a scrap machine and taped it to the door open sensor (you can use any magnet--make sure you do with with the toners installed or you can get a EEPROM error--soooo, if you are not getting a EEPROM error with the toner door closed this issue is most likely NOT chip-related).

I am constantly having to reposition the toner cartridge drive gears so they are straight (the little white gear that rides on a spring in the back of the mfp).
Then I remove the magnet and put it back on several times and wait a few minutes each time.
What happens here is that every time you flip the sensor for open toner door the toner motors will turn several times. With the door open you can touch the cartridges to ensure that they are turning (they will vibrate slightly). You can also tap the cartridge to make the hopper filler a little quicker.

On one machine, I jigged up the top K hopper shutter to be always be open. If you take the toner door off completely you can visually make sure the cartridge shutter is retracting.

Synaux
07-27-2016, 11:19 PM
Black Toner is staying in place - cyan wants to escape, but door will hold in - waste toner box has been emptied, but windows look a little cloudy -
1. could the waste toner box trick the machine into thinking it needs black toner?
2. could the black imaging unit near end of life generate a message that the black toner is empty?
Thanks

No and no.

Custom Search