PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine C364 scan to email stops working

Custom Search

Leebs14
07-21-2016, 11:01 PM
So I've got a c364 all set up and up to a month ago all was working fine then the customer says the scanning stops working intermittently and the customer has to restart the machine to get I working again.

I couldn't fault it when
On site but now the customer says it's happened again.

They are scanning to office365.

Updated firmware yesterday and checked everything and again can't fault it.

Anyone come across anything like this?

tekhed
07-22-2016, 03:56 AM
Scanning to smtp.office365.com or scanning to an IP resolved by pinging that hostname? There are many office365 servers and they may not all have the same rules for sha2 etc. Could be hitting different servers with different results if using hostname

Leebs14
07-22-2016, 06:49 AM
Is there a fix or workaround?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tekhed
07-22-2016, 10:58 AM
There is some information around that suggests you can run e series firmware on a non e

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/85464-scan-email-using-mail-sever-office-365-a-2.html

Haven't had to try this myself yet. Usually just make them relay off something else!

Leebs14
07-22-2016, 12:37 PM
Been back today a loaded the latest firmware today and learned that the machine seems to
Lock up and it won't print or scan and their IT guy says the webpage is non responsive. Reboot the machine and it's fine for a while. Hopefully firmware will fix ut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotdeas
08-01-2016, 08:28 PM
First update to firmware G20-72, then update to GB4-A9 and last update to GB2-K1. After this scanning using SMTP servers using new encryption will work.

Synthohol
08-02-2016, 04:42 AM
not that simple, you have to change bit switches along the way.

SOLUTION: There is a workaround available until an official Base Level Firmware is created with TLS 1.2 support.
Upgrade the MFP with two specific firmwares to allow it to have the same functionalities that a 4e series has (GB2-K5). This is a 2-step process and a softswitch change is required.
IMPORTANT: Please precisely follow the steps below or the MFP may become inoperable.

1. Before updating the machine firmware to GB0-A9
a. Set Software Switch 25 to HEX 20.
b. Install GB0-A9 firmware.
Note: If the bizhub is not updated to GB0-A9 firmware, the update to GB2-K5 will not install successfully.
2. Version GB0-A9 A1610Y0-F000-GB0-A9.exe (for Web Browser LK-101v3 support)
3. Version GB2-K5 for bizhub C554 series and C364 series A1610Y0-F000-GB2-K5.exe

CRITICAL ITEMS TO BE ADDRESSED (PLEASE READ)

1. Back up the Network Settings, Address Book, and Remote Access (vCare) settings. These values will be initialized during the upgrade process.
a. Export the Network Settings, Address Book, and Remote Access settings to a USB stick using the External Memory Backup function
b. If using Firmware versions GP7-65, GPK-68, GPR-68, GP4-70, or GPC-70, check the TCP/IP Address and DNS Server settings manually and write them down.

2. Determine whether or not Voice Data exists. If it is present, delete it.
a. Enter Service Mode.
b. Navigate to System 2 -> Next Page.
c. Press Install Data. If Voice Data exists, highlight it; then press Delete.
d. Press End -> Exit.
e. Turn the machine OFF.

3. If a Code CE301 is indicated
Code CE301 may occur in two specific environments.

Serverless Ubiquitous Print (LK-114)
Thin Print (Firmware version GPS-65)

If this occurs:
1. Enter Service Mode.
2. Navigate to System 2 -> Software Switch Setting.
3. Set Switch 156 to HEX 08; the press Fix. The HEX value will return to “00” automatically.
4. Reboot the machine.
5. Update the machine firmware to GA0-A9.
a. Set Software Switch 25 to HEX 20.
b. Install GA0-A9 firmware.
6. Set Software Switch 25 to HEX 60 (Function version 7).
a. Turn the machine ON and let it boot normally.
b. Enter Service Mode manually.
c. Navigate to System 2 -> Software Switch Setting.
d. Set Software Switch 25 to HEX 60.
e. Press Fix; then wait for a soft beep to indicate that the value has been set.
f. Press END.
g. Turn the machine OFF.
7. Install the version GB2-K5 firmware that corresponds to the MFP model.
a. Insert the USB stick into the service port.
b. Turn the machine ON and wait a few minutes for it to boot into Service Mode.
c. Press the Start button, which will begin flashing.
d. Wait while the firmware is installed. When it is done, the Start button will be steady blue (not flashing).
e. Turn the machine OFF and remove the USB stick.
8. Install the Movie Data and Voice Data.
a. Turn the machine ON and let it boot normally.
b. Enter Service Mode manually.
c. Navigate to System 2 -> Next Page.
d. Select Install Data.
e. Insert the USB stick containing the Movie Data and Voice Data into any USB port.

Movie Data

- Press Movie Data. Be sure to deselect any other option that may be highlighted.
- Press Set.
- Press the Start button and wait for the data to be written.
- When finished, the Movie Data version will be displayed.

Voice Data

- Press Voice Data. Be sure to deselect any other option that may be highlighted.
- Press Set.
- Press the Start button and wait for the data to be written.
- When finished, the Voice Data version will be displayed.

f. Press END.
g. Remove the USB stick and exit Service Mode.
h. Turn the machine OFF/ON.

9. Install the Loadable Driver (only if a card reader such as the AU-201H is installed). Follow the installation directions that accompany the Loadable Driver.
10. Restore the Network Settings, Address Book, and Remote Access (vCare) settings which were backed up.
a. Import the Network Settings, Address Book, and Remote Access settings using the External Memory Backup function.
b. If the Network Settings were written down, enter them manually.
11. Reinstall bizhub Marketplace, if applicable.
12. Update the drivers on users’ computers to the appropriate version to work with this updated machine firmware.
13. If applicable, perform the following steps to have the MFP communicate with the vCare system.
a. Enter Service Mode.
b. Press the “CS Remote Care” button twice.
c. Press the “ID Code” button.
d. Enter the Tech ID number (must be 7 digits).
e. Press the “ID Code” button.
f. Press the “Detail Setting” button.
g. Press the “Date & Time” button.
h. Enter the current date and time (24-hour format).
i. Set the time zone; then press the “Set” button.
j. Press the “Basic Setting” button.
k. Press the “Initial Transmission” button.
l. Press the “Initial Transmission” button in the lower right corner. The status will display “Completed” in the upper left corner of the screen.

Technical Notes
This is only a temporary solution. Ultimately a new base firmware and all future base releases will contain TLS 1.2 support. The request will be for all the non-4e and C552 series machines.
i dont know if the permanent FW was created yet but we put out a lot of fires with this method but yes there were still strange things after this procedure but god forbid they just used another email provider....

dotdeas
08-02-2016, 05:43 PM
Yes it's as simple as i posted it. I have done it like 50 times the last 2 months and didnt change any dip-sw, just fw and all good.

Johan111
11-25-2019, 07:58 PM
A very old thread, but here goes anyway. My company recently bought a second hand C364 that has been in moderate use for a few years (don't know exactly how many). Everything else seems to work fine, but scanning to email does not. Depending on how I set up SMTP I get either Server Connection Error or TX Forward Error. The server is a private virtual server from a hosting service provider that uses SMTP authentication over SSL. I haven't received an answer regarding which versions of SSL/TLS they accept yet, but the symptoms look very much like the issue described by the original poster. The dealers the machine came from said they haven't upgraded the firmware as they got it working with their email server. Unfortunately I don't have the firmware number at hand at the moment, but it was definitely function version 1.

Does anyone know if a newer version of firmware is available for this model? Or where the "temporary" workaround versions are available? Attempting a download via ISW produced nothing. Googling for the firmware also gives no results. I would assume the firmware is available for free, or am I mistaken?

Phil B.
11-25-2019, 08:39 PM
A very old thread, but here goes anyway. My company recently bought a second hand C364 that has been in moderate use for a few years (don't know exactly how many). Everything else seems to work fine, but scanning to email does not. Depending on how I set up SMTP I get either Server Connection Error or TX Forward Error. The server is a private virtual server from a hosting service provider that uses SMTP authentication over SSL. I haven't received an answer regarding which versions of SSL/TLS they accept yet, but the symptoms look very much like the issue described by the original poster. The dealers the machine came from said they haven't upgraded the firmware as they got it working with their email server. Unfortunately I don't have the firmware number at hand at the moment, but it was definitely function version 1.

Does anyone know if a newer version of firmware is available for this model? Or where the "temporary" workaround versions are available? Attempting a download via ISW produced nothing. Googling for the firmware also gives no results. I would assume the firmware is available for free, or am I mistaken?

firmware like manuals and tech updates are copy written items. SOME manufacturers will make firmware available on open sites.. but that is not typical. Only certified techs or an approved dealers are supposed to have that information, and they can lose their Tech ID or dealership for releasing that to non-techs/end users.

An end user can BRICK a unit in a heartbeat if they don't know what they are doing... we have had MANY MANY cases of that here @ CTN!

mincopier
11-25-2019, 08:44 PM
Call the servicing company and demand ask them to upgrade the firmware to the latest version as it is not working with the email server you are using. It does not matter that it works with theirs or not. I can make most any machine work using relay.appriver.com on port 2525 with a valid domain email. Does not have to be an actual email, just a valid domain name. Does not mean it will work with Office365 or Google. Tell them specifically the Google/Office365 firmware upgrade. If they do not know what you are talking about then you need to find another company.

Johan111
11-25-2019, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Having quite a bit of experience in computer engineering I'm familiar with the risks and would be comfortable with performing the upgrade. But if the firmware is limited access only, I guess we have to convince the dealer to perform the upgrade or replace the unit with a newer model under guarantee. Its a shame though, generally once you've bought a product the firmware updates are made available for free. I guess its not like that in printer world.

copier tech
11-25-2019, 08:51 PM

Hi,

In order to scan to email using SSS/TLS you will need to update the firmware on your C364.

There is a ‘version up’ firmware upgrade this gives your C364 the same functionality as the C364e (later model) enabling you to scan via O365 & gmail etc.

See link below for further info.

https://mega.nz/#!lEsCCYBA!yLAZNyClQF4CN642LpBw1J51-USxa7Zl0GiHcNn4dw0

Kapral
11-16-2023, 01:49 PM
Sorry for resurrecting this zombie of a thread, but i have quite an interesting thing to share, since i've encountered very similar problem and i was fighting it since last week.
I had this situation with different machines sending email, but clients not recieving them. I've tried different domains on my hosting, even some cheap ass email hostings and nothing seems to work, and today i've managed to speak to an it guy from the company that hosts our services and asked him to check e-mail logs.
It turned out, that despite of the clients having different domains at different providers, they all had their mail connected to outlook.
When i've added a private email address of a gal i was talking to, that she had on gmail or whatever, it worked just fine. SO...
GJ microsoft, i guess?

Custom Search