PDA

View Full Version : C654 wont stay on

Custom Search

kbm tech
07-22-2016, 08:40 PM
When trying to print or copy machine shuts down like it went to sleep. replaced DCPU machine worked for about
an hour then it started again

audyplongo
07-22-2016, 10:48 PM
when does it shout down before you print or while its printing and it jam?

EarthKmTech
07-22-2016, 11:14 PM
careful examination of the machine and accessories for shorts may be required. I had this before where from the factory a +24v line was rubbing on the backside of a motor and causing shorts once the insulation was eaten through. In reality it could be anything though.

blackcat4866
07-23-2016, 01:27 AM
What about timers, energy saver settings, power settings? You never know when a clever button pusher will set the power Off to 3 minutes. Is it just sleeping (and can wake upon receiving a job) or completely Off?
=^..^=

Synthohol
07-23-2016, 03:55 AM
SSD & MFP board has bitten me in the past doing what you describe.

kbm tech
07-26-2016, 08:03 PM
When trying to print or copy machine shuts down like it went to sleep. replaced DCPU machine worked for about
an hour then it started again

Before replacing the DCPU i had replace MFP, SSD,MEMORY MODULE. The machine when it shuts down will on screen show four columns and the konica
logo. Yesterday thought it was fixed. Started to put their IP Address back in and it starts beeping I stop what I'm doing and screen reads cant go into low
power mode the goes off. Sub power light is still on cant wake up unless turn the main power off/on. It does this on its on or when you push a button.

If was a short would it show the Konica logo? I am still looking for a possible short.

Synthohol
07-26-2016, 08:50 PM
Enable the ability to disable sleep mode in tech rep and turn it off in admin mode. Extend low power mode to the max

kbm tech
07-26-2016, 09:07 PM
Enable the ability to disable sleep mode in tech rep and turn it off in admin mode. Extend low power mode to the max

Tried that before I every replace board. It is still set a 4hours.

TheBlueOrleans
07-26-2016, 09:08 PM
Before replacing the DCPU i had replace MFP, SSD,MEMORY MODULE. The machine when it shuts down will on screen show four columns and the konica
logo. Yesterday thought it was fixed. Started to put their IP Address back in and it starts beeping I stop what I'm doing and screen reads cant go into low
power mode the goes off. Sub power light is still on cant wake up unless turn the main power off/on. It does this on its on or when you push a button.

If was a short would it show the Konica logo? I am still looking for a possible short.

That sounds like it might be a stuck button on the panel. If the display reads "unable to enter low power mode" it's doing so because the machine thinks someone or something is attempting to put it in low power mode (or sleep mode, ERP auto off mode, etc.) before it is ready to do that. I've had this happen ONCE in an area where let's just say "refuse collection occurred quite often". Sticky hands eventually turned into stuck button. I ended up replacing the operation panel rather than disassemble it and expose myself to who knows what biohazards.

Odds are this is not the issue you're faced with, but I figured it couldn't hurt to advise on a similar situation and the cause.

"Could be firmware. Have you checked the firmware version? Try updating the firmware to latest and greatest."
(Always wondered what it would feel like to sound like SSD. Not that fun, really.)

CompyTech
07-27-2016, 01:53 PM
You said you checked out the sleep timer but did you check the weekly timer setting?

Custom Search