PDA

View Full Version : C287 series common squeak locations

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
07-25-2016, 08:07 AM
Lets get a list going

I've only been to 2 so far and both have a mild squeak shortly after paper pickup from any trays but stops before fusing.

No one is complaining yet but it will come!

I couldn't find the cause though didn't have much time to investigate fully.

tech51
07-26-2016, 03:20 PM
I've only been to one since my training and that was for squeaking!

It was the idler rollers that sit on top of the fuser in that case, but while I was there I greased/lubed as many of those plastic idler rollers with metal shafts as I could find.

allan
07-26-2016, 04:28 PM
I have had 2 brand new machines with clicking noises.
No time to look at that yet.
If it does that from the start at least the customer thinks its normal.

docdot69
07-26-2016, 08:19 PM
the same problem on mono machines 227? if that, so i say it is normal and it slowly quiets as you print copies, and finaly stops.
i had 3-4 machines brand new, and when i printed List Otput it was clicking from the start, but after about 50-60 print it stops. The noise was volume down as the copies prints. so maybe color series have the same issue. gotta check on my brand new c227.

habik
07-26-2016, 09:21 PM
Haven't had any yet but if I may suggest a short video of the location where it occurs may shed a bit more light or mày our ears a bit bigger.
Good thread, Thanks EarthKmTech

Byting on bits.

EarthKmTech
07-27-2016, 09:44 AM
there is now special firmware for reducing duplex noise (slows down PPM speed in duplex, customer needs to accept this before installation) Available on request only, don't think they will release it for everyone
I hear today they released a firmware for reduced fusing noise too ? Not sure what thats about.

vedder
11-04-2016, 10:20 AM
Hi everyone, we are having some squeaking issues on a c227 and a c287, we have fit a new fuser to the c287 along with new bushings, nylon rollers etc in the fuser exit ( that is where we are sure the noise is coming from, somewhere up there anyway) which cured the fault for a couple of days, then returned. The noise doesnt happen with the door open and interlock cheated, so we stripped and lubed the top section on the door and the section on the fuser with the plastic rollers on (the bit which doesn`t come with the fuser) and again, the problem was cured.... until today, this one is driving us mad, and it doesn`t help that one of the machines is an hour and half away from the office.

Any advice would be appreciated on this.

cheers

EarthKmTech
11-04-2016, 10:34 AM
i have not changed a fuser in one of these yet.

but the black plastic part cliped onto the fuser with the gray rubber rollers on a single shaft IS NOT lubricated from the factory. The centre sadle part and even the actuator rubs on the shaft as it turns and causes high pitched squeaks. Does this come with the fuser or not ?

vedder
11-04-2016, 10:38 AM
no that doesn`t come with the fuser, thats the part we went back to, removed, cracked open and lubed up, you can clearly see where its been rubbing on the actuator arm and what not, so all lubed up, machine was running fine, a squeak when we started, no squeak when we left, happy, but unfortunatley, 4 days later it is back.

EarthKmTech
11-04-2016, 10:43 AM
no that doesn`t come with the fuser, thats the part we went back to, removed, cracked open and lubed up, you can clearly see where its been rubbing on the actuator arm and what not, so all lubed up, machine was running fine, a squeak when we started, no squeak when we left, happy, but unfortunatley, 4 days later it is back.

what grease did you use, it has to be high temp grease anything else wont stick around long.

I use high temp teflon grease has not returned for me yet.

Nothing worse than a dry shaft;

vedder
11-04-2016, 10:50 AM
yep, thats the bit we were working on, its high temperature grease from katun, normally does the trick so hopefully thats not the issue, I should add as well these machines are nearly new, less than 20k on them, how many has yours done? we have a lot of c227`s out and so far not had many issues (apart from these 2) It`s only one of the two that has come back in (so far) so maybe one hasn`t got as much grease on as the other (clutching at straws,lol)

EarthKmTech
11-04-2016, 10:53 AM
this one had about 40k on it and it was in a dusty warehouse back office.

I remember it clearly because I noticed their IT loaded an incorrect driver on the server and every single one of those prints was registering as colour, even though 99,9% of what they were printing was black and white. LOL. That first bill was gonna cause some outrage.

vedder
11-04-2016, 10:55 AM
lol, if it`s anything like our place, we would get the blame for that despite the fact we didn`t put the driver on, you`ve got to love customers.

I take it since you lubed that section up it`s been ok?

EarthKmTech
11-04-2016, 11:00 AM
That was 2 month ago, it was driving the girl sitting next to it bonkers so if it made the noise again she would of called again. Though you never really know with this industry maybe she just doesnt want another visit from the morbidly obese earthKMtech. :cool: Either way works well for me

EarthKmTech
11-04-2016, 11:07 AM
FYI, this is what I use now.

copyrooks
11-04-2016, 04:21 PM
Just wanted to add , ive had to grease up atleast 5 227s for that noise you guys are describing. Atleast its not a pain to pull out that section.

hotfuser
11-11-2016, 10:23 AM
On this range they also clunk when just out of the box.

They have a flat spot on the lower foller of the fuser.

eventually the noise goes as it warms up luckily :p

vedder
11-14-2016, 12:05 PM
This has already been confirmed by someone else, but removing that section and giving it a good lube has solved the squeak. Thanks for everyones input.

Cantechman
04-26-2017, 08:19 PM
there is now special firmware for reducing duplex noise (slows down PPM speed in duplex, customer needs to accept this before installation) Available on request only, don't think they will release it for everyone
I hear today they released a firmware for reduced fusing noise too ? Not sure what thats about.

Old thread, but has anyone tried this firmware? I have a new install of a c287, it makes a fair amount of noise when doing the second side. Does this work? I was thinking it was a noisy motor.

habik
04-26-2017, 09:27 PM
Old thread, but has anyone tried this firmware? I have a new install of a c287, it makes a fair amount of noise when doing the second side. Does this work? I was thinking it was a noisy motor.

Since the smartphone revolution I am recording everything NEW that makes noise or squeeks. I personally haven't come across this one yet, but if I do, I'll post the vid here.

Cantechman
04-26-2017, 11:42 PM
Since the smartphone revolution I am recording everything NEW that makes noise or squeeks. I personally haven't come across this one yet, but if I do, I'll post the vid here.

Good idea, I may try and get a audio recording of the noise tomorrow, try the firmware and post both results.

Vikingrepairguy
05-04-2017, 02:16 PM
noise from new waste toner box, white plastic exit rollers and yesterday had one at 17k with a squeak in the drum, took me awhile to figure that one out

Cantechman
05-22-2017, 10:54 PM
Good idea, I may try and get a audio recording of the noise tomorrow, try the firmware and post both results.

Fixed my issue by changing the duplex motor speed with a special firmware. It slows the motor slightly, not really enough to notice but the noise goes away.

Custom Search