PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Waste toner box full of developer

Custom Search

Boltaction
07-25-2016, 06:37 PM
Hi, new to the forums. I have a bizhub c224e with under 30k black and 5k color. Waste toner box is full of magenta developer, dev unit is low but not empty. CQ is bearable but there is obviously and issue. The only error I received was waste toner box full. The machine is currently in our shop being disassembled and cleaned for future sale. I saw a previous forum post about the same issue involving the cyan developer being depleted with little to no resolution to the problem.
Any advice is much appreciated

Synthohol
07-26-2016, 12:31 AM
you may need new white bushings on the toner hoppers.
there is a bulletin here, ill try to find it.

Replace the toner seal (p/n A5C1RA0000). Please see attached instructions.

blackcat4866
07-26-2016, 01:52 AM
A picture is worth 1000 words:

=^..^=

copier tech
07-26-2016, 07:21 AM
Also running this series on genuine toner is important as each toner bottle has a small amount of developer in them to slowing replace lost dev over time.

Boltaction
07-26-2016, 02:46 PM
Behind each white cap on the hoppers there was toner caked in there pretty good. I vaccumed the excess out and will test again once the machine is reassembled. Magenta toner is genuine and is also almost empty while the the other two colors are around 70-80%

chris2882
08-19-2016, 09:17 PM
Just to give an update; I checked the contacts for the developer units on the high voltage board and there did not seem to be any kind of corrosion or anything like that as has been suggested before.
Reading the forums it seems like it is the cyan developer that is causing this issue the most. Mine happens to be on magenta which I have yet to see anything about on here. On a separate but related note I had a PRCB board go out on a c224e in the field and its problem was the magenta developer unit being severely under-toned. I replaced the unit as well as the board and took the under-toned unit back to my shop and installed in the c224e that has the issue in question.
After several manual toner add's and many test pages the under-toned unit now has a TCR level around 6.5. I am still not confident that the developer won't continue to get sucked out and dumped into the waste box but for now everything seems back to normal.
I have chalked it up to a bad magenta developer unit for the time being.

EarthKmTech
08-19-2016, 11:11 PM
Genuine KM toner can cause this too, if everything else tests ok, never rule it out. We've had it before, genuine is all we use. In all our instances its been from people not shaking the (settled) toner before installing. (hot climate)

Boltaction
12-02-2016, 09:23 PM
Sorry for the late reply, it seems like a replacement magenta developer unit solved the problem for now.
Thanks to everyone who continues to contribute to this site to help fellow techs.

Custom Search