PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C3350 J3205

Custom Search

tech51
07-26-2016, 03:09 PM
Hi all,

I`m having a nightmare with a c3350 that intermittently jams with paper just exiting the fuser (about 30mm out) and causing a J3205 code.

According to the customer the machine makes a noise, then jams.

I was at the machine yesterday and ran over 1000 prints and it didn't jam once, 20 minutes after I left, the customer called it in again.

Parts replaced so far include the conveyance assembly, fuser and the exit guide & actuator.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks in advance..

TheBlueOrleans
07-26-2016, 03:33 PM
I have to wonder if their jam is caused by either a duplex failure (I've come across programs that automatically set printing to duplex for "cost savings") or if they're attempting to print to a different paper size than the machine knows it has.

Never underestimate the power of User Error.

That said, here is what the service manual has to say about "misfeed at exit section"

1.4.8 Misfeed at exit section
(1) Contents
JAM type Misfeed at exit section
JAM code 32-05, 32-31
Detection timing
32-05 The paper exit sensor (PS7) is not blocked even after the lapse of a given period of time after the paper
has unblocked PS7.
32-31 The paper exit sensor (PS7) is blocked before the trailing edge of the paper moves past the fusing roller.
- The paper exit sensor (PS7) is unblocked when the main power switch is unblocked, a door or cover is
opened and closed, or a misfeed or malfunction is reset.
- In case paper position is detected as locating properly after main power switch is turned ON, door and
cover are opened / closed or jam/trouble reset is done, it is regarded as paper jam at exit section.
Misfeed processing location: Right door
Relevant parts:
• Fusing motor (M2)
• Paper exit sensor (PS7)
• Printer control board (PRCB)
(2) Procedure
[Step, Action, Control signal, Location of electrical component]
1, Initial check items - -
2, PS7 I/O check, sensor check PRCB CN14-16 (ON) 15-K
3, M2 operation check PRCB CN9-9 to 12 15-C
4, Replace PRCB - -

Request clarification if needed.

TheBlueOrleans
07-26-2016, 03:35 PM
One other suggestion:
Have the user(s) make the next thousand prints while you observe. They could be changing something and denying it when you ask (or are unaware completely that they are changing something).

Keep us posted. I'm interested to hear what this ends up being.

tech51
07-26-2016, 04:06 PM
Planning on sitting on this call for a good long time when I go back.

Something doesn't sit well with me on this one because when I rang them to say I would be coming back, another issue has cropped up.

Apparently if it jams at say page 6 of a 10 page run, after re-setting the jam it will start over from page 1 again!

I cant say I've ever had a printer do this but who knows what's going on with it?

Something is definitely wrong somewhere but I cant quite nail this one down.

TheBlueOrleans
08-03-2016, 03:12 PM
Planning on sitting on this call for a good long time when I go back.

Something doesn't sit well with me on this one because when I rang them to say I would be coming back, another issue has cropped up.

Apparently if it jams at say page 6 of a 10 page run, after re-setting the jam it will start over from page 1 again!

I cant say I've ever had a printer do this but who knows what's going on with it?

Something is definitely wrong somewhere but I cant quite nail this one down.

So...
any updates?
inquiring minds want to know.

tech51
08-04-2016, 07:25 PM
So...
any updates?
inquiring minds want to know.

Apologies for the late reply but I wanted the machine to run for a while before posting the fix just so I could be sure I wasn't giving out bad advice!

It turned out that the part of the exit actuater that blocks the sensor was very slightly warped and would occasionally get stuck on top of the sensor rather than fall in and block the sensor when the paper passed through.

I only saw it happen twice when I went back but it was just enough to give me a clue.

Why it didn't do this the first time I went I don't know but after replacing the actuater it ran fine and as I said has done so for a week now.

Sometimes the simplest thing can give the most trouble.

Anyway I hope my experience can help someone in the future......

TheBlueOrleans
08-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Guesses:
1. the sensor actuator was not well made, thus being susceptible to warping.
2. heat from the fusing unit caused the warping of the sensor actuator, and if that's the case, get a fusing unit ready for replacing because there will soon be a High-Temperature thermistor error that will not go away without replacing the fusing unit.
3. user manipulation either during jam clearing or random tinkering (or sabotage).

Never underestimate the power of user error. I had PHYSICIANS using MEDICAL INSTRUMENTS performing SURGERY on a printer trying to clear a jam, they broke a sensor actuator in half and then fled the scene. "Far Casses" is the closest thing I can come up with to describe them without actually using the words I was thinking. Had to rebuild the tray 1 assembly due to their damage, in addition to replacing the actuator in the transport area.

fredr
04-11-2023, 08:52 AM
Guesses:
1. the sensor actuator was not well made, thus being susceptible to warping.
2. heat from the fusing unit caused the warping of the sensor actuator, and if that's the case, get a fusing unit ready for replacing because there will soon be a High-Temperature thermistor error that will not go away without replacing the fusing unit.
3. user manipulation either during jam clearing or random tinkering (or sabotage).

Never underestimate the power of user error. I had PHYSICIANS using MEDICAL INSTRUMENTS performing SURGERY on a printer trying to clear a jam, they broke a sensor actuator in half and then fled the scene. "Far Casses" is the closest thing I can come up with to describe them without actually using the words I was thinking. Had to rebuild the tray 1 assembly due to their damage, in addition to replacing the actuator in the transport area.

The issue is fuser lubricate the Teflon with silicon oil then adjust the duplex spring on the eject as well as actuator spring on the eject

Custom Search