PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous konica 7085 Drum manual adjustments

Custom Search

jbauer@abcvpr.com
07-26-2016, 05:09 PM
I have a 7085 that has a darker green drum that when printing gets background haze. I need to know how to adjust the setting
so this drum will print normally. The original drum was a lighter green and works fine but the dark green causes the background and
I have replicated the issue on a second machine and with a second drum also darker green so I know its a drum issue.

I remember a tech making a blue Katun drum work on the machine at one point but don't know what adjustments he made.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Synthohol
07-26-2016, 06:30 PM
On the back flange of the drum there should be a voltage stamped on it. Ie:715v
You MUST set the charge voltage the same with a meter that does go over 700v.
Once voltage is set you run the ld1 and ld2 adjustments until the black bars barely show between the 2 lines on the page.
Also make sure the drum count was reset and I really hope they use oem toner.

jbauer@abcvpr.com
07-26-2016, 08:05 PM
On the back flange of the drum there should be a voltage stamped on it. Ie:715v
You MUST set the charge voltage the same with a meter that does go over 700v.
Once voltage is set you run the ld1 and ld2 adjustments until the black bars barely show between the 2 lines on the page.
Also make sure the drum count was reset and I really hope they use oem toner.

Thank you I'll give it a try.

Synthohol
07-26-2016, 08:31 PM
Do you have the service manual? It walks you through all the steps.
Also jist looked at the manual you can just use high voltage auto adjust and no meter.
I equated it to a minolta model where you can manually adjust the voltage so there is a step saved.
Best be folliw the manual for changing the drum and its peculiarly adjustments and the issue ahould fix itself.
Good luck.

allan
07-26-2016, 09:25 PM
There is no drum potential sensor on these machines so you have to do the manual grid voltage adjustment.
I always go and check the shipment value for the main charge manual adjustment (the one you should not change) and set that back if its not the same.
Guys always seems to adjust the wire instead of the grid.

Its important to use the list of adjustment items on these machines if its the same as the B600 machines. I know the drum is the same size.
But when i get the drums marked as 7085 the color is different the voltages on the side of the drums is normally between 700V and 730V.

Don't think the color of the drum really matters but like Synthohol said the voltage and the LD1/LD2 adjustment is required.

jbauer@abcvpr.com
07-26-2016, 09:41 PM
There is no drum potential sensor on these machines so you have to do the manual grid voltage adjustment.
I always go and check the shipment value for the main charge manual adjustment (the one you should not change) and set that back if its not the same.
Guys always seems to adjust the wire instead of the grid.

Its important to use the list of adjustment items on these machines if its the same as the B600 machines. I know the drum is the same size.
But when i get the drums marked as 7085 the color is different the voltages on the side of the drums is normally between 700V and 730V.

Don't think the color of the drum really matters but like Synthohol said the voltage and the LD1/LD2 adjustment is required.

This machine has a potential sensor that you can turn on or off if you want to manually set. The color of the drum seems to make a difference.
I will try the LD1 and LD2 adjustment tomorrow and see what happens. I've worked with this machine about 10 years and have never run across
this problem with background so I have been stumped.

The drum doesn't have a voltage stamped anywhere I can see. I have always used the auto function when changing drums.

Thanks for your help

allan
07-26-2016, 10:13 PM
Thanks. Don't know know those old machines.
Wonder why there it no potential sensor on the B600's.

Coptech
07-26-2016, 10:30 PM
Been a lot of years but I remember "do not run drum peculiarity adjustments on a warm drum" It would adjust dark every time and I had to go back the next morning and run first thing in the AM on a drum that had not been copy cycled".

Synthohol
07-27-2016, 12:23 AM
yeah, it looked like the 5510s or 600 series so i thought there was the manual adjustment but i looked in the manual and all that is in high voltage adjust was an auto voltage adjust, it runs several simulations (except the ld1/2) so the pure konica is different than the k/m series. weird.
yeah, make sure the drum counter was reset and do the auto high voltage adjust, then in drum peculiarity at the very least do the LD1/2 for both speeds and make sure the black bar just barely shows between the lines and you will be fine.
good luck as always.

Albonline
07-27-2016, 04:47 PM
as crg grid voltage goes up background lessens , also lessening lube toner on drum. this will also make the toner level in developer increase,increasing chances for spew . I generaly overdrive grid and lasers on this family of copiers. when you do so you get better fills ,but are running on a thin line of toner runaway and a big mess to clean up.

jbauer@abcvpr.com
08-01-2016, 02:54 PM
yeah, it looked like the 5510s or 600 series so i thought there was the manual adjustment but i looked in the manual and all that is in high voltage adjust was an auto voltage adjust, it runs several simulations (except the ld1/2) so the pure konica is different than the k/m series. weird.
yeah, make sure the drum counter was reset and do the auto high voltage adjust, then in drum peculiarity at the very least do the LD1/2 for both speeds and make sure the black bar just barely shows between the lines and you will be fine.
good luck as always.

Hey guys thanks so much for the help adjusting ld1 and ld2 seems to have fixed the problem. Making great copies again.

Custom Search