PDA

View Full Version : C364 false J99-01 jam

Custom Search

adras757
07-27-2016, 10:36 AM
Hello!
We recently did a big cleaning and maintenance on this KM-bizhub C364 machine. After power up the "Stabilizing image. Ready to Scan." shows, everything seems ok, all the motors working, etc... But after about 1 minute rotating, the machine stops with a 99-01 misfeed error (controller jam) . I checked all the connectors, swapped the PRCB, MFPB, FRB ( front relay board) , power supply from an other machine. Did a firmware rewrite too.
The problem persists, after 1 minute of stabilizing, the 99-01 shows up.
I have no other idea, maybe somebody could help us with this one.
Thank you in advance!

copier tech
07-27-2016, 05:39 PM
Does the machine try & pick up paper from a tray or bypass?

Restart the machine with all paper removed & see if you still get the error.

MVPunisher
07-27-2016, 08:38 PM
Does the machine happen to have a FS534 connected to it?

allan
07-27-2016, 09:02 PM
Start the machine with the front door open and go the service mode.
Run stabilizer from there.
Does the machine complete it from there?

adras757
07-27-2016, 09:41 PM
Does the machine try & pick up paper from a tray or bypass?

Restart the machine with all paper removed & see if you still get the error.
No, there is no paper in the trays, I'm not trying to copy or print, that is just the boot sequence, where it's doing the stabilizing.

Does the machine happen to have a FS534 connected to it?
There is no finisher attached, even disconnected the document feeder while trying to fix desperately :)

Start the machine with the front door open and go the service mode.
Run stabilizer from there.
Does the machine complete it from there?
Thanks for the advice, will try it tomorrow morning.

tech51
07-27-2016, 09:46 PM
Early C280s used to do this if the stabilisation priority was set to auto.
Try setting it to black priority, it may help.

adras757
07-28-2016, 08:18 PM
So I tried to start the machine with the front door open and go the service mode, select stabilizer, and close the door. But could not start the process, because the start button is red. I couldn't fool the machine, it startid the usual stabilizing process, rotating all motors, etc., and after 1 minute the 99-01 "jam" code pops up and stops. If I go back to service mode the button still red, so I can't start any stabilizer, or test print or anything.
Tried setting the stabilisation priority to black. The only thing different now, that the color PC motor and the color developing motors are not rotating. But still, same thing, 99-01 after stabilizing.

But I noticed a thing, I stopped the process several random times, took out the ITB, and never saw the gradation marks, or any toner at all on the belt. So I thought maybe some image developing problem is that I have. I swapped the ITB unit, all the developing units, all drums, high voltage board, laser scanner unit, even I was desperate enough to swap the laser driver flat flex cable leading to the main controller panel.
No change at all.
I starting to give up on this thing.
Oh yeah, and tried the oldest available mass production firmware ( some G00... ) , and the newest too...

copyrooks
07-29-2016, 03:01 AM
Try ps1 on the conveyance section or cl4 on the conveyance section.

copier tech
07-29-2016, 08:02 AM
So this machine was working fine until you "did a big cleaning and maintenance"?????

How about retracing your steps, you obviously did something, maybe knocked out a senor or actuator etc?

adras757
07-29-2016, 08:54 AM
So this machine was working fine until you "did a big cleaning and maintenance"?????

How about retracing your steps, you obviously did something, maybe knocked out a senor or actuator etc?
Yes, this was my first guess too, since then trying to find what went wrong. I'm working on the machine at this very moment... If I find out what have I done wrong, I'll let you all know. :)

Synthohol
07-29-2016, 11:14 AM
Workaround/Fix
When Image Stabilization is performed
CAUSE: Firmware update required.

SOLUTION: As an immediate workaround, please set the [Image Stabilization Setting] to other than then turn OFF/ON the main power switch.
There is firmware to prevent the jam code from occurring. Please access the Download Selector or One-Stop Product Support, then [B]download and install special firmware version GC1-65.

adras757
08-01-2016, 07:35 PM
Well, the problem is gone... Today I changed the PRCB board from an other machine, and the problem is gone.
Changed back the original, for verifying the problem, and the 99-01 is back. So it is obvious, that the PRCB is the problem, somehow it has gone wrong in the process.
I was very embarassed, because I swore we changed that board the first place. Well, looks like we didn't. Somehow I goofed...

Thank you all again for you time and the suggestions!

Custom Search