PDA

View Full Version : Konica c550, clicking noise

Custom Search

fixthecopier
07-27-2016, 08:52 PM
This is a long shot to describe a noise. For a few seconds during boot up, and when copies are made you can hear a rapid clicking noise that sounds like it is coming from the front right side. it sounds like below the control panel. If you remove the black toner, it sounds like it is on the other side of the wall, where the fuser preheat coil is located. So far I have...

Remove rear cover and checked fans.
Remove all toners
Swap waste toner box
Swap transfer belt
Tricked the right side door while booting... still made noise and sounded like it was behind fuser.

I just found another fuser I can swap. Will do tomorrow.The noise is very rapid, like a piece of paper in a fan blade. Any ideas?

Am I missing something? Can't find a load check in menus or service manual

tech51
07-27-2016, 09:56 PM
Sounds like the fuser rotation sensor trapdoor.
If you remove the fuser & look to the right of the heater coil there is a small assembly with a sensor in it to detect fuser rotation.
There is an actuater with a small roller on it that the triangular cam on the fuser contacts to trigger the sensor.
Remove the assembly (1screw & 1connector) push the door in and out to see if it clicks.
If so, then a little pad can be put in to deaden the sound.
These can squeak as well so while its out put a little oil on the shaft for the actuater.

Custom Search