PDA

View Full Version : C450 - Did We Get Ripped Off? Error Code C-B016

Custom Search

Tampa Bay Graphics
07-08-2008, 01:36 AM
We just purchased a C450 for $1,500. The guy delivered the machine and by the time we plugged it in, he had already split with our money :-(

The error code is C-B051

What does this mean? Is the machine fixable? Did we get ripped off?

We would really, really appriciate anyones help and comments.

Thanks ;-)

ebm
07-08-2008, 02:03 AM
I hope it is as simple as the fax board connection coming loose while the machine was being moved. Check the PCI interface/fax board connection and verify it is seated properly.

mtech
07-08-2008, 02:14 AM
Can not find the exact code but it does sound like a fax board problem. Does it have a FK-502 fax on it? C-B0116 is closest code I can find.

Tampa Bay Graphics
07-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Boy, was that a big mistake. This has been one of the most stressful days our small little company has ever experienced :-(

mtech
07-08-2008, 02:49 AM
C-B051 is a fax board installation error. You need to make sure the the machine is off and unplugged and reseat the fax board. If this does not fix your problem then you would need to go into tech rep. mode/ system 2 and check option board status. If it is set to unset change it to set. If it still codes out you can always just take out the fax board and make sure the setting is set to unset and the machine should work. (except for faxing of course!)

Good luck

Tampa Bay Graphics
07-08-2008, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the replies. So the C-B051 is a Fax Board Installation Error?

OK, hold on for a moment.....I just took the board out and then slipped it back in. As I was doing this I could hear noise coming out of speaker in the front of the machine.

Nope, didn't work. Still have the error: "Malfunction Detected C-B051"

I tried to go into tech rep. mode/ system 2 and check option board status. The only button that does anything is the "Utility / Counter" button which allows me to check the counters, consumables, and job list screen.

How do I access the admin to turn off the fax board (which we will never use as we already have a fax machine)

pepper38_cnd
07-08-2008, 11:23 AM
My advice is call a qualified tech. $1500 is a good price, if you have to pay another $100 to get it working properly it's still a good price. You say you heard noise when re-seating the fax board? If so you probably did not have the machine powered off, this could and most likely will create even a bigger problem.

wagon
07-08-2008, 11:30 AM
I hope you had the machine switched off and unplugged at the wall when you were working on it!

Anyway, I think you got a pretty good deal even if the fax is no good.

Tampa Bay Graphics
07-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the advice. What is the average cost of a service call?

We are very suprised that no one on this forum knows what the error code C-B051 means. This is the only entry in the Service Manual:

Description

Cannot send/receive faxes or C-B001/C-B003 (FAX Board Error) is displayed after installing PWB-PCI.

Solution

CAUSE: PWB-PCI board is damaged during installation. If the PWB-PCI board is inserted into the middle slot instead of the rear slot, or if the board is
mishandled, damage to the board may occur.
Note: Damage may be caused by scratching the board with Board Guide when fixing PWB-PCI and Board Guide.
SOLUTION: Replace PWB-PCI (a part of MK-703 used for connection with optional board) taking care not to scratch or damage the board.

hodgiepodgie
07-08-2008, 05:35 PM
C-B051 is a fax board installation error. You need to make sure the the machine is off and unplugged and reseat the fax board. If this does not fix your problem then you would need to go into tech rep. mode/ system 2 and check option board status. If it is set to unset change it to set. If it still codes out you can always just take out the fax board and make sure the setting is set to unset and the machine should work. (except for faxing of course!)

Good luck
YOU KNOW I HAD AN ERROR INSTALLING AN FK 502 ON A 25C5.HAD TO TURN ON HARD DRIVE IN SERVICE MODE.DONT REMEMBER AN ERROR CODE THOUGH.

redhotrob
07-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Try removing options such as the finisher, etc, one at a time to see what happens.
Remember to cut the wall power before connecting or disconnecting anything.

mtech
07-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Hey TB Graphics, I told you exactly what the error code was and how to fix it. I also told you to shut off and unplug the machine prior to reseating the fax board. If you did not know how to get into tech rep mode you could have asked, but you then insulted the techs on this forum with your comment. That is okay as you can now spend a couple of hundred dollars for one of us to come out and push a couple buttons. If you are lucky you did not blow any other boards by reseating the fax board with the machine plugged in. Or maybe it will cost you a couple of hundred bucks to find out your foolish mistake will cost you a thousand to replace the main controller.

pepper38_cnd
07-09-2008, 12:43 AM
You asked the average cost of a service call? A qualified tech from an Authorized Dealer will cost on average about $100 give or take $20 bucks, and I'm sure all the experienced qualified tech's on here will tell you they are well worth it!

Now for the actual cost of a repair after some unqualified person has messed with it probably averages $300 to $600, depends on how much damage they have done and how easy their mistakes are to find. ( or how much they admit to ).

Hence my first advice, Pay and have it fixed right. You might even try paying a tech to check it out before you buy next time, just like many people have a mechanic check a used car before they buy it. Or eneven buy it from a reputable dealer, who doesn't grab your money and run.

Don't get me wrong, I help people out on here regularly, and if I thought this was a user solvable problem, I'd be telling what to do. The other techs have pointed you in the right direction.

Ctl-Alt-Del
07-09-2008, 12:54 AM
We just purchased a C450 for $1,500. The guy delivered the machine and by the time we plugged it in, he had already split with our money

Who did you buy this thing from? where is he now?

ps. the c450 is a good machine (if it worked)

Tampa Bay Graphics
07-09-2008, 05:08 AM
All I can offer is my apology and ask for forgiveness.

mtech told me exactly what the error code means and exactly how to fix it. I followed his instructions exactly with no success.

I posted again exactly the actions I took. The machine was delivered. We plugged it in. It showed the following error code C-B051 and C-B003 which are fax board related errors. We powered down the machine and removed the fax board and received the exact same errors.

We held the "Utility / Counter" button down as we turned on the machiine and then touched the screen to clear the error code. Unfortunately when the machine is turned on, the error code returns during self test.

mtech told me exactly what was wrong but failed to tell me how to access the admin / control which is required to successfully disable the faxboard.

All I am asking for is for someone to simply tell me which buttons to push to bypass the error code and access the control panel so I can turn off the fax board.

Why would it be suggested that a Tech make a service call for such a simple task??? And why would anyone be offended by us wanting to save money? Wouldn't a Tech be better off visiting a large client where they can make more money?

We are a small graphics design shop with a limited budget.

All we were looking for was some help :-(

07-09-2008, 07:39 AM
Why would it be suggested that a Tech make a service call for such a simple task??? And why would anyone be offended by us wanting to save money? Wouldn't a Tech be better off visiting a large client where they can make more money?

We are a small graphics design shop with a limited budget

Please read the whole post, the first part is a little sarcastic but it's all worth the read.

Will you design a new logo for my company for free? We are just a small office equipment repair company with a limited budget. It doesn't need to be too eloborate, just something simple that will help me grow my business and make me more money. I'm looking for something that will look good on business cards, letterhead, and the giant f'n sign on the side of my modest downtown location. Again I will need this for free because I am a cheep bastard uh... uh... I mean I'm on a limited budget.

Dude you run a business, you got a decent deal on a color copier but you made a shitty decision when you bought it off someone who probably knew it didn't work. You made an even shittier decision when you didn't even plug it in before handing over the payment. It's reasonable for you to ask us for help with your problem and many of us are always willing to lend a hand and offer quick advice but it is unreasonable to keep banging us for a fix when it is obvious it might not be a simple as it seems. It is time for you to man up and run your business like a pro and pay for some service.

You now own a color copier and it will require future service so you might as well develop a relationship with a qualified service provider sooner rather then later.

Hope I don't sound like too much of a dick but I have read all the posts and I just want to throw in my $0.02

Have A nice day.

deep
07-09-2008, 03:16 PM
If I were you, I'll ask for money back and spend a little bit more to buy a better one with warranty.

Tampa Bay Graphics
07-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Please read the whole post, the first part is a little sarcastic but it's all worth the read.

Will you design a new logo for my company for free?

Hope I don't sound like too much of a dick but I have read all the posts and I just want to throw in my $0.02

Have A nice day.

Thanks for the scenerio but it certainly doesn't apply to this situation.

Here's why -

Asking for a free logo means that someone has to actually do work. Simply telling me how to access the service mode on a copier is not the same. A better scenerio is this:

"Can you tell us how to open a graphics program on our computer so we can design a logo?

This is the same as:

"Can you tell us how to open the service control window on our copier so we can make copies."

We would be happy to tell anyone how to access a program on their computer. Just as I assumed that anyone would be happy to simply tell us how to access the control screen on our copier.

Instead I was criticized for asking this simple question. I thought the purpose of this forum was to ask questions.

JustManuals
07-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Hey! He won't spend a paltry $11.77 for a manual, why do you think he's here in the 1st place? Keep giving him free answers and advice, you're robbing some other copier tech of the business.

konisolver
07-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Just break out the wallet and have an authorize konica minolta dealer go out there and fix this minor issue.

Tampa Bay Graphics
07-09-2008, 08:55 PM
I received a private message from a member of this forum apologizing for the treatment we've received from some members of this forum.

I thought this was a forum where questions can be asked and idea exchanged without criticism and insult.

I understand now that the real purpose is to sell service calls and manuals.

And curse those who don't open their wallet.

Ozzy
07-09-2008, 09:07 PM
It's reasonable for you to ask us for help with your problem and many of us are always willing to lend a hand and offer quick advice but it is unreasonable to keep banging us for a fix when it is obvious it might not be a simple as it seems. It is time for you to man up and run your business like a pro and pay for some service.

That about covers it. We all like to help and thats why we visit the site but sooner or later you need to pay to get your equipment serviced. Some of us just say it more politely then others.

Have a nice day!

Tampa Bay Graphics
07-11-2008, 04:36 AM
We followed the advice given to us by the members of this forum and had a Technician visit our office today. He couldn't turn off the fax board because he couldn't access the control panel. He left without charging us for the service call.

What's the next suggestion?

mtech
07-11-2008, 04:36 AM
I don't sell manuals or service calls and could give a crap if you place one or not. I don't care if you open your wallet. (unless you are giving me money). You asked a question and you were answered. No one expected you to give anything for that. As far as insults? You set that ball in motion with your comment about being surprised no one could find your error after I posted what it was.
Good luck with your machine-no apologies intended.

Tampa Bay Graphics
07-18-2008, 06:18 AM
The crooks just keep ripping us off :-(

We purchased a C450 Service Manual from
E-ServiceManuals.com - Your #1 Source for Digital Service Manuals (http://www.e-servicemanuals.com/)
and they charged our credit card and that was it.

Nothing. Nada.

Do crooks simply build a website listing the name of hundreds, if not thousands of service manuals with the expectation that no one is going to take action after being ripped off for such a small amount of money?

Does anyone out there have a C450 Service Manual?

kanini
07-18-2008, 06:35 AM
I have personnally no experience from that particular site, but have you checked your e-mail spam filter/junk mail folder? The e-mails with download codes from these sites tend to stuck in the spamfilter...

"Please make sure that your spam filter is setup to accept incomming emails from E-ServiceManuals.com. If you fail to do so, you may have difficulty receiving the code needed to download the manual."

I've seen www.justmanuals.com (http://www.justmanuals.com) user posting a lot on this community (not trying to advertise anything, haven't bought anything from his site myself yet), so perhaps that one would be a more secure bet? If there's one here that's active on the forum, then he couldn't be ripping off people without anyone hearing about it, and it's also more easy to get in touch with him I think...? Good luck!

Tampa Bay Graphics
07-18-2008, 03:10 PM
The guy who runs the scam is Brandon Reilly. His domain name is E-ServiceManuals.com - Your #1 Source for Digital Service Manuals (http://www.e-servicemanuals.com/) and the public domain name register information show the owner as: Brandon Reilly 233 E Main St, Fredonia, NY 14063 (716) 679-9287. I've tried calling him to get my money back but he won't answer the phone.

Just another scammer taking advantage of people on this board.

JustManuals
07-18-2008, 03:20 PM
There are lots of sites selling manuals and I have 2 of them. Nobody can say anything bad about me, my customer service is 2nd to none. Not all manuals are the same, even the same manual from different sites can be different. I personally go through every manual I put up on my sites to make sure it is up to my standards. I insert and highlight bookmarks, delete empty pages ( when you're transferring manuals online, empty pages just add to the filesize and make the transfer take longer).
I also set the properties in the file to make sure you can print every manual if needed. None of my competitors to any of this.
Now while I do not offer refunds or exchanges due to the nature of the medium, No customer leaves unsatisfied.
From August 1 through August 30th I'll be running a 'buy one, get one free' coupon on my site at JustManuals (http://www.justmanuals.com) to all registered users.

And last but not least, I am a paid advertiser/supporter of this site.

Paul@justmanuals.com

Tampa Bay Graphics
07-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Have you ever heard of Brandon Reilly and his website e-servicemanuals.com?

JustManuals
07-18-2008, 03:28 PM
I assume you paid with a credit card? Call your credit card company and claim non-receipt.
If you paid with Paypal, digital downloads are not covered in their refund policy, but if you didn't get the file at all, then that IS covered.

HtH
Paul@justmanuals.com

Next time buy from someone you know and trust, like me for example :)

JustManuals
07-18-2008, 03:29 PM
I've seen his site. Not much there.

Custom Search