PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a SD-505 Saddle stitcher to the FS-519 Finisher

Custom Search

PrintHub
07-28-2016, 01:47 AM
A little advice anyone

I fitted the kit to the finisher, the problem is that the copier c203 and c253 isn't detecting the saddle stapler.

Is there a place in the service menu where im supposed to enable it - im under the implession the machine will autodetect it?

blackcat4866
07-28-2016, 01:56 AM
I believe it's called "Enabling Options", in System1 or System2.

No, Konica Minoltas are not plug and play. =^..^=

PrintHub
07-28-2016, 02:16 AM
There is no such option in the service menu?

Synthohol
07-28-2016, 05:51 AM
did you connect the wire for the creasing unit? its easy to forget, its such a crazy install

PrintHub
07-28-2016, 08:05 AM
did you connect the wire for the creasing unit? its easy to forget, its such a crazy install

Yea sir i did. Even made sure every time i powered it up :(

habik
07-29-2016, 06:07 PM
Have you repositioned one of the trays?
Think thats required for the booklet saddle to come to the finisher exit level. Think even sensor is to be moved.

Byting on bits.

habik
07-29-2016, 06:09 PM
Ahh firmware , just re-flash it for the sake of it.

Byting on bits.

PrintHub
07-29-2016, 10:25 PM
Have you repositioned one of the trays?
Think thats required for the booklet saddle to come to the finisher exit level. Think even sensor is to be moved.

Byting on bits.

You are correct sir...you have to reposition one of the trays...the top one to be more specific.
I did do this. When you do power the unit the booklet saddly will come down to the finisher exit level and go back up.

The problem is that I don't see any movement from the saddle stitcher itself. Almost as it it is dead.

Also I don't see any options under finisher for saddle stitching

any other ideas?

PrintHub
07-31-2016, 05:02 AM
Thank you gents for your help. It was much appreciated.

After I installed a punch kit into the finishing unit the saddle stitcher started working perfectly.

Slightly adjusted the centre staple position in the service menu and everything is now just perfect.

Once again, thank you!

Custom Search