PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Minolta C250 - faded cyan and magenta

Custom Search

savi0r
07-28-2016, 09:28 AM
Hi guys. Please help me with an issue. So, i have a customer with a minolta c250. At some point, it gave an error about cyan unit. The user switched the chips and the magenta and cyan units beetwen them. So, the magenta unit with the cyan chip was put in the location for the cyan unit and same for the cyan unit. Now, the cyan and magenta colors are somewhat faded. Black and yellow prints fine. What can be the solution to this problem? Any adjustments, or should i replace the developer in the IU's? I don;t have much experience with minolta machines.

tech51
07-28-2016, 05:52 PM
You can't be serious! If he really has swapped the two units then he will have killed both of them. They are complete units including the coloured dev.
Two new image units will be needed and if that was my customer they would be paying for them!

allan
07-28-2016, 06:40 PM
It is probably running with no P-codes.
If that is the case run about 300 prints at 255 for those colors and watch the color change.

allan
07-28-2016, 06:41 PM
Post the half tones.

Ever found loose chips on one of those?

savi0r
08-01-2016, 09:28 AM
It is probably running with no P-codes.
If that is the case run about 300 prints at 255 for those colors and watch the color change.

Hello. I recommended the same thing and the machine is working fine again. Thank you.

Custom Search