PDA

View Full Version : C253 Grinding Gears & Insert Waste Toner

Custom Search

listsubscriber
07-28-2016, 04:08 PM
We were called about a grinding noise in the machine which still makes copies and prints, but it's just loud. The tech can cheat the door and sees that the gears behind the waste toner were grinding. Well, he opened and closed the door a few more times and a gear actually jumped off its shaft! So no more grinding noise, however, the machine will not make copies due to the insert waste toner message.

The gears are in the attached photo.

Now, we always get replace waste toner message. Could these gears contribute to the message?

Once we reinstall these gears, are we back to cleaning out toner hoppers to get rid of the grinding noise? We're trying to figure out what is causing these set of gears to lock up and grind.

Thanks!!

tech51
07-28-2016, 05:42 PM
It's usually the recycle system that causes the noises etc.
Somewhere on this forum is a good explanation of how to clear out the system so it would be worth searching.
Its a long job though.

hotfuser
07-28-2016, 05:58 PM
have a look at this thread

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/29564-c253-loud-banging-noise.html?highlight=taminol

this may help

listsubscriber
07-28-2016, 08:07 PM
Great post!! No idea why my searches did not find that post. Looks like a long job to try and clear whatever is clogged in the toner transport. Thanks for the replies.

habik
07-29-2016, 03:19 PM
This may give you an idea of the scale of work to be done.
https://youtu.be/qeTjSW-Styk

Byting on bits.

copier tech
07-29-2016, 03:57 PM
Write the machine off simply not worth the time & effort on this old model. Explain this to the customer & maybe they'll upgrade!

allan
07-29-2016, 11:12 PM
This may give you an idea of the scale of work to be done.
https://youtu.be/qeTjSW-Styk

Byting on bits.

Cool clip thanks for sharing.

The first time i did this was in the field.
The copy shop was so small i ran out of place to put parts like 4x4 meters for the entire shop with 2 machines and a counter.
customer freaked out a bit telling we that it would never run again.
With my luck it started up with no issues and not a single screw left.
Took about say 7 hours in total. No time for breaks.

listsubscriber
09-06-2016, 01:57 PM
After a lot of vacuuming and manually turning the gears above the black imaging unit (which I believe actually mesh with the transfer belt assembly gears), the machine is running again with NO grinding!!! We started it up and it made the horrible noise for a few seconds, and then began running smoothly. So I believe we got lucky and sucked out some crystals and broke the others up well enough with the manual rotation of the gears.

Thanks all for your help!!

habik
09-06-2016, 02:37 PM
After a lot of vacuuming and manually turning the gears above the black imaging unit (which I believe actually mesh with the transfer belt assembly gears), the machine is running again with NO grinding!!! We started it up and it made the horrible noise for a few seconds, and then began running smoothly. So I believe we got lucky and sucked out some crystals and broke the others up well enough with the manual rotation of the gears.

Thanks all for your help!!

You would be a good Doctor.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Custom Search