PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c224e envelopes

Custom Search

Kidaver
08-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Any tips or tricks to reduce creases and wrinkling? I've had customer smooth out envelopes to remove air pockets and reduced fuser temp by -5 degrees. It seems to be working much better. I know it's hit or miss with envelopes but it's a special customer and the owner here where I work is pushing me on finding out anything I can. I know sometimes they think we are miracle workers. So any advice would be appreciated if you have any special tricks.

Kiransingh
08-02-2016, 04:10 PM
Any tips or tricks to reduce creases and wrinkling? I've had customer smooth out envelopes to remove air pockets and reduced fuser temp by -5 degrees. It seems to be working much better. I know it's hit or miss with envelopes but it's a special customer and the owner here where I work is pushing me on finding out anything I can. I know sometimes they think we are miracle workers. So any advice would be appreciated if you have any special tricks.

Before Printing the Envelope we have make sure to select the Paper has ENVELOPE then their will be release some pressure in fuser unit which will reduce the creases & wrinkling..... Try it will works...

Kidaver
08-02-2016, 05:08 PM
Yeah I make sure the bypass tray is set to envelope for sure. I know Microsoft likes to send the print job as com10/plain paper and customer has to get up and tell the machine to override that.

emujo
08-02-2016, 05:46 PM
Also, no tri-fold flaps, windows etc..the KM media guide states which envelopes are supported and it also states 10 max at a time. It's not very encouraging when the POS HP they bought from staples runs envelopes better than a 10K $ MFP. Been down this road many time, I try to get across to the customer that the device is a "plain paper" copier/printer, if they are running anything outside of the supported media types in the guide they are at the mercy of the copier gods. Emujo

Kidaver
08-02-2016, 05:50 PM
Yeah we took them an HP with envelope feeder just to do envelopes but customer isn't happy if their big machine can't run envelopes. So I'm caught between the customer and the owner here. So I need to do everything I can to make it work or attempt to make it work and show proof it just isn't going to happen. I hate getting put in this situation.

blackcat4866
08-03-2016, 02:04 AM
Try a couple different sources of envelopes. I've seen the best result with square flapped (as opposed to triangular flapped) envelopes. You'll find that a certain brand can work significantly better. I recommended that my customer get as many samples as possible, and try them all. =^..^=

Synthohol
08-03-2016, 12:23 PM
depending on the quality of the envelope sometimes tucking in the flap first helps. but better quality envelopes are best.

copier addict
08-04-2016, 07:19 PM
If they are using Word, they will likely get an error when sending envelopes. Make sure the have the bypass set to envelope and when it errors make sure the use touching "paper tray settings" and choosing bypass. If they simply touch "Complete" it will use the driver settings and print as if it is plain paper.

Custom Search