PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 1051 web roller build up

Custom Search

Kidaver
08-02-2016, 05:16 PM
I'm getting buildup on the web roller. I've got it set to advance as often as possible. With the set up we have at this customer they print bank statements. Their software send each set of statements as an individual job so the web roller actually advances after each job. I'm getting a lot of build up on it and if we don't watch it it will start scarring up the fuser roller. I've replaces all the filters in the machine and replaces the transfer belt cleaning unit to see if this would help but it doesn't seem to be. Anyone else come across this and what was their fix?

techwurk
08-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Looks like the web is stalling where the heavy build up is or they are running pictures or lid up sky shots that is not being told to you. All I can say is I would check to see if the web is stalling for some reason and ask if they are running high toner coverage prints, copies

Kidaver
08-02-2016, 10:44 PM
all they run on this machine is bank statements. I have propped the door open and taken the web roller off and I can watch the motor actually turning. If I run a test print from service mode or such it will advance like every 12-13 pages. When they run their bank statements it will actually advance every 3-4 pages. In these statements there are pages that are small pictures of checks customers have written but I wouldn't think it's a high coverage really nothing really graphic intensive.

blackcat4866
08-03-2016, 12:47 AM
What about tray settings?

What media type are you using? (plain?)
What media type is it set for? (plain?)
What fixing temperature setting? (preferably normal)
What fixing pressure setting? (preferably weak)
Is there excessive gear lash in the web advance drive?

It's a relatively narrow window in which toner fuses properly. If the temperature is too high or too low to toner will stick to the heat roller more than the paper, and you'll have more toner to clean off. You're on the right track with the filters. Are all the fans running when they should, and blowing in the correct direction? =^..^=

techwurk
08-03-2016, 01:24 AM
If you're sure they are not running heavy coverage periodically then judging by the pics you posted it is the web stalling. Watching the motor turn without the web, without the true load on the motor with the web may not show the stall. Try replacing the web motor, check for binding under load with web

Kidaver
08-03-2016, 01:25 AM
The only paper they run thru it is Letter size plain paper with 3 hole punches in it. So it is set to prepunch, tho i may set it to plain and check the fuser and pressure setting Thursday when I go out. Being that they run a lot of this paper thru it it isn't the best quality paper either. There is a lot of paper dust which I imagine factors into it hence why I went with filters and transferbelt cleaning unit. When changing the filters and cleaning unit out I checked every fan I could find in the main body and cleaned out any dust in it. I know these bigger machines run better and cleaner if they can breath good.

Kidaver
08-03-2016, 01:27 AM
If you're sure they are not running heavy coverage periodically then judging by the pics you posted it is the web stalling. Watching the motor turn without the web, without the true load on the motor with the web may not show the stall. Try replacing the web motor, check for binding under load with web

I have replaced the web roller motor, that was the first thing I did.

Woxner
08-03-2016, 01:44 AM
Are they using aftermarket toner or oem. are these oem rollers? if the web is moving then maybe heat like someone said or toner. i have these at printers with heavy print with no problem

Kidaver
08-03-2016, 01:53 AM
Everything is OEM. I've told my boss is refused to work on a production print machine if anything other than OEM is used.

techwurk
08-03-2016, 02:01 AM
If no web stall then someone there is periodically running heavy graphics, I see no other reason for build up on a web like that. Good luck, hope you get it resolved.

Synaux
08-03-2016, 03:05 AM
Check the actual coverage stats on the machine (perhaps they are fibbing)?

Where abouts in Texas you at? I am in Corpus Christi.

Synthohol
08-03-2016, 12:16 PM
is there an actual problem with the image? i service dozens of these machines in schools and all the webs look like that. as long as its not gouging the UFR i never saw this as a problem.

Kidaver
08-03-2016, 02:06 PM
is there an actual problem with the image? i service dozens of these machines in schools and all the webs look like that. as long as its not gouging the UFR i never saw this as a problem.

That is the problem that brought this too my attention. I inherited this machine when we let another tech go. I noticed scarring on UFR and replaced it. Within a month the new roller was scarred up too. I can run a coverage report but as I said this machine is in an operation center for a large bank in the area. The only thing ran on this machine are their customer statements.

Kidaver
08-03-2016, 02:10 PM
Check the actual coverage stats on the machine (perhaps they are fibbing)?

Where abouts in Texas you at? I am in Corpus Christi.

I'm all the way up in Texarkana, very northeast corner of Texas.

allan
08-03-2016, 03:54 PM
Have a look at soft switch 7 in the service manual. Make sure that the control is set to auto.
Was the web count cleared with the previous replacement and is the spring on the side that stops it from unwinding ok?

Kidaver
09-15-2016, 09:52 PM
Ok this is kind of an update to this issue. I'm still having this issue and another UFR has gotten gouged along the rear side. It's not affecting the CQ right now but it is a problem because the customer sees it and he is one of those operators that will hound you for any little problem. Now as I said bank statements are printed to this machine. Each statement is queued as an individual print job. I mention this because of this the web roller actually advances more often while the job are going thru than as if it was one big print job. So the web roller is advancing during printing as it should be. It seems I am getting the build up when the machine is sitting idle or in low power mode. What has me confused is what is on the fuser rollers in idle mode to be building up like such. So any more brainstorming ideas would help.

blackcat4866
09-16-2016, 12:54 AM
Has the fuser temperature been changed? What fixing pressure and temperature do you have set in the tray settings? Any special media type? What about energy saver settings? Anything unusual? =^..^=

Kidaver
09-16-2016, 02:09 PM
We've tried different fuser temp settings and different fuser pressure settings....none seem to really affect this issue....no strange media....20 Lb pre-punched plain paper 8 1/2 x 11...that is all they run thru it....we did change sleep and low power timer because the machine was locking up when a print job was being sent very early in the morning....nothing really unusual about how they run it to be honest Blackcat....why this one has me stumped...

Albonline
09-16-2016, 02:30 PM
Are you sure the upper heaters are working properly? have seen single elements go causing poor fusing.

blackcat4866
09-17-2016, 02:04 AM
Are you sure the upper heaters are working properly? have seen single elements go causing poor fusing.

If it's like the 1052, the fixing heaters, thermistors, and all those other extraneous fuser parts are changed out at 4M. How many clicks do you have? =^..^=

Kidaver
09-19-2016, 07:53 PM
It's almost 8mil I think...I inherited this machine from a tech we let go so I have no idea where we are at on different PM cycles....but I'll check the count on those parts next time I'm there....

copierdude1114
09-21-2016, 04:36 PM
I have a 951 I've been wrestling with, SAME EXACT issue, toner stuck to web and heat roller. Confirmed motor rotation in I\O, web advances there, and seems to be advancing in small increments in normal copying, but same as OP, nothing heavy or high toner coverage going through (supposedly). I'll update if I find the fix.

Kidaver
09-23-2016, 04:36 PM
Yeah I'm still looking for a fix...I seem to get the build up when the machine is idle....replacing another upper fuser roller next week...

copierdude1114
09-23-2016, 04:45 PM
Ok...so mine ended up being one of the heater lamps. Visually both lamps were on when you cheat the doors. But if you pull one connector and check continuity you will most likely find one is bad like I did.

Kidaver
09-28-2016, 09:02 PM
I'll check that friday when I'm out that way

Custom Search