PDA

View Full Version : BH C203 prints green super faint

Custom Search

aAandy
08-02-2016, 11:05 PM
hello people

was called out to this machine for smudged prints

this machine had a portion of the transfer belt edge support tape lifted, so i removed it - i also had to reshape the black mylar cover strips on each blank lamp assembly as they had been bent out of shape by the lifted ITB tape and were scraping the belt

put it back together and all smudging gone, machine prints all single primary colours perfectly (cyan, magenta, yellow and black) but when i select the single colour green it comes out almost not visible where it was fine before (single colour blue comes out looking just cyan, single colour red comes out looking pink)

also getting P21 which won't go away after cleaning the sensors & performing initialise & stabilization

attached are sky shots in single colours - the blank one is green (can barely be seen by eye)

thought anyone?

thanks in advance

blackcat4866
08-03-2016, 12:12 AM
... put it back together and all smudging gone, machine prints all single primary colours perfectly (cyan, magenta, yellow and black) but when i select the single colour green it comes out almost not visible where it was fine before (single colour blue comes out looking just cyan, single colour red comes out looking pink)

also getting P21 which won't go away after cleaning the sensors & performing initialise & stabilization

thoughts anyone?

thanks in advance

Well, clearly it's yellow that you're missing. Try printing off 15% fill images. It will tell you more.

aAandy
08-03-2016, 12:35 AM
Well, clearly it's yellow that you're missing. Try printing off 15% fill images. It will tell you more.

i added an attachment to the original post - yellow is printing fine as a single colour

blackcat4866
08-03-2016, 01:02 AM
i added an attachment to the original post - yellow is printing fine as a single colour

What % fill? If you look at the gradation printoffs of the images in those attached documents you'll see that quality issue can affect different fill rates differently.
I have a perfect example of that. On a KM-3551ci the Kyocera U089 Sample Set looked perfect, yet the quality issue showed nicely between 10 and 50% fill. Look at pages 5 and 6.

Synaux
08-03-2016, 01:19 AM
What % fill? If you look at the gradation printoffs of the images in those attached documents you'll see that quality issue can affect different fill rates differently.
I have a perfect example of that. On a KM-3551ci the Kyocera U089 Sample Set looked perfect, yet the quality issue showed nicely between 10 and 50% fill. Look at pages 5 and 6.

As a side note, I have had the same thing with bad IUs

machine prints all single primary colours perfectly (cyan, magenta, yellow and black) but when i select the single colour green it comes out almost not visible where it was fine before (single colour blue comes out looking just cyan, single colour red comes out looking pink)

attached are sky shots in single colours - the blank one is green (can barely be seen by eye)

I would suspect the PH, but if it was printing okay before (aside from the smudges), I would swap a transfer belt if you can and take another look at those IDC sensors.

aAandy
08-08-2016, 12:19 AM
thank you gentlemen for your responses

returned to the machine, removed the imaging units & ITB assembly & found the rear ITB sensor cover was jammed shut - freed it, checked it didn't stick shut again, put it all back together and everything worked a treat

no P codes and green printed perfectly

thanks again for your input, very much appreciated

Andy

Custom Search