PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous SD-506

Custom Search

kenpio
08-03-2016, 02:41 AM
Any advice that can be given on replacing the up/down unit in the SD-506? We took over some accounts. One has a C8000 with an SD-506 on it. Well the previous tech ordered the up/down unit. It was throwing a C-12xx, I don't know what it was. Well he ordered the whole up/down assembly. Any tips would be great.

Thanks
KEN

PrintHub
08-03-2016, 02:54 AM
i got those errors when the stapling head in the finishing unit jumped one of its tracks and could not move.

i also got those errors when the lower tray was stuck on the paper exit sensors
-prob why he ordered the up down assembly.

does the trays move when you power the unit?

kenpio
08-04-2016, 02:51 AM
Well we got it out and the new one in, not a treat. Only to find that 3 wires on a wire harness were cut. Okay, good luck finding a part number for that sucker!! Called Minolta and they are still looking. It is the wire harness in the C8000 service manual on page L-131. Cannot find it in the parts manual. Any help. :)

Thanks
KEN

907tec
08-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Can you just solder some extra wire onto the cut ends, rather than replace the harness?

kenpio
08-04-2016, 08:38 PM
Guess that we have a chance of getting the right wires to the proper place. Dont know how we would do this? If it was one wire maybe. Dont really want to chance blowing a board or something.

Did get a part number from Minolta and they hope that it is the right one. :)

Thanks
KEN

Custom Search