PDA

View Full Version : c284e machine type

Custom Search

Northwestservice
08-04-2016, 12:05 AM
i have a c284e that took a major power spike (customer had removed power filter just before this happened) machine turns on display showed two Konica like chevrons you hear a click and the machine turns off then on and it repeats this. I replaced the ssd board now it turns on same display, ozone fan is on, and fuser motor is turning and fuser is warmish. I have swapped out mfp , print controller, hd, ram .. so I was just told that I cannot swap the two boards, print cont and mfp..so what if both these boards need replacing anyone know what the procedure would be I also believe that my usb stick my have died as well I hope you can decipher my typing any help also serial # is A5C2 what would the machine type be according to manual there is no combo for this serial #

Synthohol
08-04-2016, 02:36 AM
take a look...
good luck!!
machine 3 and type 2 if i read this right.

wseyller
08-04-2016, 02:54 AM
You should know that when you replace the ssd board you have to have USB stick connected to copier with firmware and do a firmware install during power on after replacement.

It can take up to 15 to 20 mins for the firmware loading program to come up after power on.

You can't use boards from another machine. And you can't replace at the same time any combination of ssd, prcb or mfp board.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Northwestservice
08-04-2016, 11:51 PM
synthohol thanks for that info I have bulletin #9132 which gives some info but the one you supplied has the extra info ineeded
wseyller I do know that they cant be replaced at the same time however the machine took an electicrail hit and mfp ssd and printcontroll are all suspect the ssd was replaced and a firmware load was attempted but after overnite waiting I moved on to try other ways to resolve

does anyone know the answer to all three boards need replacing what would a procedure be ? thank you for the answers, I will attempt to put originally damaged parts back in machine and go from there

Albonline
08-05-2016, 06:30 PM
synthohol thanks for that info I have bulletin #9132 which gives some info but the one you supplied has the extra info ineeded
wseyller I do know that they cant be replaced at the same time however the machine took an electicrail hit and mfp ssd and printcontroll are all suspect the ssd was replaced and a firmware load was attempted but after overnite waiting I moved on to try other ways to resolve

does anyone know the answer to all three boards need replacing what would a procedure be ? thank you for the answers, I will attempt to put originally damaged parts back in machine and go from there

if you replace all three at once, you get a blank new unit. it will need complete setting up. and paperwork done if you are a konica enity.

Northwestservice
08-06-2016, 12:17 AM
i managed to put machine back together with original boards used ssd tool then replaced the ssd board did a firmware update started adding the external components one by one updating firmware each time just finished complete assembly doing the final firmware and bam the power goes out f#$% me I will try it again on Monday its beer time thanks for the input everybody

Synthohol
08-06-2016, 12:20 PM
just to offer another POV on this, companies are supposed to have insurance on their business and this is the type of thing that is covered in most cases.
they can submit a claim for the balance left on their lease or the market value if they own it.
if the power surge took out their machine so be it, have them submit a claim and get a new machine. this situation does not have to rest solely upon you, offer them a loaner (with a surge protector this time) until the claim is settled.
we are hooked up with ESP and Innovolt and should any machine suffer damage with one of their appliances in between THEY will buy them a new copier if the surge did not protect the equipment.
good luck!!

Custom Search