PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous FS-532

Custom Search

kenpio
08-04-2016, 03:17 AM
Any instructions on how to remove the staple unit from this finisher? Looks easy, took one screw out and it looks as though there are 2 pins on the other side, does not move.

Thanks
KEN

Synthohol
08-04-2016, 04:24 AM
2 screws 2 wire harnesses, a ground wire and the long screw at the bottom of the plate (with the nut on it) will lower the unit with plate 11 to come out of the keyholes and lift out.

kenpio
08-04-2016, 08:42 PM
Okay sports fans, we got the staple unit in and it is doing the same as it was before, throwing a C-1109 error or a J-7281. Both concern PS40 and they are in the staple unit. Dont know where to go now? Any thoughts?

Thanks
KEN

Synthohol
08-04-2016, 11:28 PM
was the one you installed new?
try a new staple cartridge?
tried firmware?
reseat cables on FSCB or that swing arm junction plate for the 2 pin wire i usually forget to plug back in after removing the carriage??
trace the wires back to the board and cut all the zipties?
rotate the stapler by hand to make sure it goes all the way around?
check CN130 and 131 for wire damage?

if all those check out i would start thinking about an FSCB.

good luck!!

blackcat4866
08-05-2016, 01:19 AM
If I remember correctly that's a staple movement error. My endusers can be a little rough, and have been known to tip the stapler on the rails, so it can't move. Just re-seating the stapler on the rails can be enough. On more than one occasion though they have bent various stapling tray parts so that they obstruct stapler movement.

Just roll the stapler through it's movement to make sure that it clears all the other mechanisms. =^..^=

tech51
08-05-2016, 06:38 PM
Went down this road a couple of months ago.

It turned out to be a broken wire in the loom running from the stapler unit to the frame.

Either repair the wire or replace the loom.

Albonline
08-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Went down this road a couple of months ago.

It turned out to be a broken wire in the loom running from the stapler unit to the frame.

Either repair the wire or replace the loom.

also check icps on fnscb and stacker driver if it has one. your old stapler could have taken one out.

kenpio
08-11-2016, 02:00 PM
Okay found the solution yesterday. Found that there was a broken wire, the power wire that was between the staple unit and the back of the stacker unit. We resoldered the wire and away we went. We are ordering a new harness in case other wires break. This unit has 13M on it!!

Thanks
KEN

antone
08-26-2016, 03:31 PM
also check icps on fnscb and stacker driver if it has one. your old stapler could have taken one out.
What is the loom?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Custom Search