PDA

View Full Version : Fully calibrate a C5501

Custom Search

Colormania
08-04-2016, 08:43 AM
Hi All, what is the best and correct method to fully calibrate a C5501 fully, starting with the machine settings, gamma etc followed by the patch measurements

tulintron
08-04-2016, 02:49 PM
I believe it is a Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro C5501, but what you ask is something very complex to report. What is your country?

tech51
08-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Are you a tech or a user?

Colormania
08-04-2016, 08:09 PM
I am a user with some understanding on calibration, although not sufficient to carry out a machine colour calibration and then by use of the CWS tools:)

tech51
08-05-2016, 06:57 PM
I am a user with some understanding on calibration, although not sufficient to carry out a machine colour calibration and then by use of the CWS tools:)

A lot depends on the life of the parts in the machine. Has it been serviced recently?
Are the drums,coronas,transfer belt good?

Also an engineer will set the engine up to the correct base standards which then allows the user to calibrate for different stock etc.

Its quite an involved process which is why engineers go on training courses!

copyman
08-06-2016, 02:35 AM
This machine is very difficult to service. You can probably get the service manual online and follow the instructions. Proceed with caution!

Smircea
08-08-2016, 12:02 PM
Hi All, what is the best and correct method to fully calibrate a C5501 fully, starting with the machine settings, gamma etc followed by the patch measurements

well there are few things you need to check before u can do a calibration on your c5501.
First of all you need to check drums,dev,corona lifetime, if those are past 50% its not a very good ideea to do all the calibrations from your printer since it will get bad values. The only thing you can do when your parts are past 50% is to clean all 4 coronas , clean gamma and color reg sensors. Next try to do gamma adj, color reg, and then use ur calibrator and your should get a fairly good resolve.

If all your parts(drums dev and coronas) are new, then you should do all the adjustments from drum particularity,followed by gamma adj and color reg adjustment. After this u can use your calibrator . It is not too hard so you should be fine

Best of luck.

Custom Search