PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C224e userauthentification & web connection problem

Custom Search

v4l3n
08-09-2016, 07:34 AM
hi guy's

i've C224e at my customer, at first it doesn't have a problem, work's fine, can print(using KM universal Driver V.3.00) and scan via FTP (i use FTP utility), web connection seems ok.
Problem occurs when my client try to use "user authentification" for their empolyee. for the records, i've done many time using this "user authentification on many KM machines, and doesn't have a problem before. as usual i turn on user authentification ON MFP, then on "print without authentification" i choose "Full collor/black" so anyone can print...account track off....then after creating a user the print not work at all, it does send a data, blue dot lamp under the panel is blinking twice...and that's it nothing happen, when i set off on user authentification, the print comming back to normal.

so i think there was a problem on network setting, then i try to initial on service mode, i choose "clear all data" so that machine can comeback on factory default setting. I did that because my c224e is 2nd hand machine, so i guess there's a wrong setting on the owner before me.

and the problem seem to get bigger...now printing is ok, but the web connection on web browser is blank, when i try to use "user authentification" again after i choose MFP on...then press OK, the machine is hang...then restart , the user authentification still off., when i try to make a user in one touch registration and choose FTP, there's a note pop up says "The specified operation cannot be performed due to the operation of another process..please wait"

i forgot to make a note on FW version, can someone help me with this situation? is there some setting at "software switch setting" that i must turn on?

thank you

allan
08-09-2016, 08:04 AM
I would initialize the machine settings and try again.
Its probably something silly like ID&print set on the printer.
Have you tried the normal PCL driver?

v4l3n
08-09-2016, 08:18 AM
I would initialize the machine settings and try again.
Its probably something silly like ID&print set on the printer.
Have you tried the normal PCL driver?

ok i'll try to initial again and use the driver....
i hope it work

thank you

sparks45
08-09-2016, 08:45 AM
Make sure the correct device model is picked under "configure" in the driver. Pick 224e, as this will stop id and print working

v4l3n
08-09-2016, 12:12 PM
just tried on bizhub C284 at my office, same problem occurs, i don't know why on this KM series whenever i create "User authentification" this machine won't print at all, the led only blinking twice, and nothing happen....the "Print without authentification" not on restrict mode.

i've already use PCL driver for this series

still don't have the solution..:(

copier addict
08-09-2016, 01:35 PM
Found this in bulletins

ID: KBA00802548
Updated: 08/09/2016 03:47:36
Related Products:bizhub 361,bizhub 421,bizhub 501,bizhub C203,bizhub C220,bizhub C224,bizhub C253,bizhub C280,bizhub C284,bizhub C353,bizhub C360,bizhub C364,bizhub C451,bizhub C452,bizhub C454,bizhub C550,bizhub C552,bizhub C552DS,bizhub C554,bizhub C650,bizhub C652,bizhub C652DS,bizhub C654,bizhub C754
Related Options:
Problem
When printing with Account Track/User Authentication enabled, the print job does not print out.

Solution
CAUSE: Incorrect printer driver settings.

SOLUTION: To perform print pass through with Account Track/User Authentication enabled, in the printer driver Properties, select the Configure tab and, under Device Option, select Account Track.

If this setting is set to "Enable", you have to input Department Name and Password even if the "Print without authentication" is set to Allow. If the Department Name and Password are blank, the print job will canceled.
If this setting is set to "Disable", the job can be printed.
If the setting is grayed out and cannot be changed, you must uncheck the "AUTO" setting in the "Acquire Settings" option to allow changes to be made.

And definitely use PCL driver instead of universal driver

emujo
08-09-2016, 01:42 PM
I would start by reloading firmware, and verifying the MFPs function version is set at the correct level. I believe this is also causing your authentication issues. You can verify this by trying to get a device config. If it fails then the driver never knows authentication is set to "print w/o authentication". I have seen situations where you have to put the MFP into a lower function version, restart, then apply the correct level. Especially after a initialization. The PDF that accompanies the firmware lists the proper driver version you should be using. Some drivers support multiple function versions, some are tied to much lower versions and will not work correctly with ver 5,6,7. Emujo

paulrid
08-09-2016, 02:35 PM
I've seen this a few times and for me it's always been driver issue just try to make sure it's the correct driver. I've used Konica drivers on Olivetti variant and all works fine except when you try to use account tract, the passwords are signed differently ( I think ) you get the blue light but the printer just deletes the job as its not authenticated.

v4l3n
08-16-2016, 09:51 AM
Thank you guy's for the help and idea,

Finally i can solve this puzzle;)...

For this KM series when you try to make "User Authentification" we must do a little change in printer device on PC.
On KM icon right click then choose Printer Properties (i've used WIn7)
Click "Preferences" then click "Basic", notice on the right side there's "Authentification/Account Track" button, click that
Fill The recipient user and password with the user and password that already made in the machine...the the print will succsess

on the other hand there's some issued, i don't know is this happen in another series, when we initial and CLear all data, the HDD is automaticly setting to "Not installed, that's the problem that make my KM trouble and can't connect via web, just move it to "Installed" then anything back to normal.

Hope this help,,

copier addict
08-16-2016, 11:31 AM
Thank you guy's for the help and idea,

Finally i can solve this puzzle;)...

For this KM series when you try to make "User Authentification" we must do a little change in printer device on PC.
On KM icon right click then choose Printer Properties (i've used WIn7)
Click "Preferences" then click "Basic", notice on the right side there's "Authentification/Account Track" button, click that
Fill The recipient user and password with the user and password that already made in the machine...the the print will succsess

on the other hand there's some issued, i don't know is this happen in another series, when we initial and CLear all data, the HDD is automaticly setting to "Not installed, that's the problem that make my KM trouble and can't connect via web, just move it to "Installed" then anything back to normal.

Hope this help,,

That is just the standard way of setting up Account Track. You stated you wanted to "Print without authentication". You could have saved a lot of time and energy if you had just asked for instructions on how to set up Account Track.
Glad you got it working though.

leprosydog777
01-26-2018, 07:57 PM
Hello i have a similar problem my bizhub c224e can not access web browser i updated firmware did a intialize clear data still can not acces web browser tried several different browsers online still no good any suggestions

Custom Search