PDA

View Full Version : smb scanning to windows 10

Custom Search

beano
08-10-2016, 04:40 PM
i have a few different machines bh 552 ,c224, c280
all were scanning fine using win 7 they all switch to win 10 now they dont scan saying server connection error used ip address and host name
all has latest firmwware suggestion all machine are at different company

Kidaver
08-10-2016, 05:00 PM
Check the network profile. If it is set to Public Network which I think Win10 does by default it will not work. Change the profile to Home or Private Network. I don't remember how to do it exactly but you can google it and find it easy.

REGSIS
08-10-2016, 05:35 PM
i have a few different machines bh 552 ,c224, c280
all were scanning fine using win 7 they all switch to win 10 now they dont scan saying server connection error used ip address and host name
all has latest firmwware suggestion all machine are at different company

After update Win 10 automatically turn ON pasword protected sharing option and SMB scan stop working.

Just go to Win 10 control panel ----> network&sharing center and click on "change advance sharing options" (I think it's last one on the left)
Expand All neworks and click on "turn OFF pasword protected sharing" & SAVE changes.

Enjoy scaning

Cookr
08-10-2016, 09:32 PM
Yep I would look at both those things anytime Ive had trouble with win 10 update its been either of those things, both or multiple but they have pretty much always been with in the advanced network settings also make sure your DNS settings are correct if you want to use host names.

Woxner
08-11-2016, 12:40 AM
make sure file sharing is on in network settings. may also have to make a local user. never been a problem

wseyller
08-11-2016, 01:40 AM
I am curious to see if any problems occur with this anniversary update. Haven't seen any yet but not everyone has perform the update. It's a pretty big update and who know what has changed in regards to scanning.

Custom Search