PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C364e not responsive

Custom Search

Fuzzylogic
08-10-2016, 11:58 PM
This 364e is a used machine that my client bought. When connected to the network it says that "the ip address is already in use, contact administrator" however when the patch cable is disconnected from the network and the ip is pinged there is no response. This is a good sign that the ip address is not used anywhere else however when the cable is connected after a few minutes the machine says again that "the ip address is already in use, contact administrator".
I can log into the machine via the web browser however after a few clicks around the site the machine freezes.

I would like to ram clear this machine and install the latest firmware. Does any one have any firmware for this or any other suggestions.
Regards

habik
08-11-2016, 12:24 AM
I'd put it on static IP and connect directly laptop with static IP aswell and just avoid the network all together..See if you can print that way, if you can, then issue is on network.
If all works, then put it on DHCP and reboot the machine on the network(or follow on screen instructions) if it gains new IP address then try to print to that IP address. if it works then change that to static. Or print to the host name and leave it on DHCP.

Check whichlevel of firmware is the machine at.
G20- M0 is the latest
K9,K8,K6,K5,K2,J6,J2,G9,E4.version up..A9 oldest
Threre may be a SSD issue. Should be on ver 6.05m

Hope this helps

Woxner
08-11-2016, 12:37 AM
have seen this many times like last post said just reset dhcp then put on static. this may be outside the dhcp a network guy may have set up. but change the ip say to 200 will be fine.

Fuzzylogic
08-11-2016, 11:43 PM
I'd put it on static IP and connect directly laptop with static IP aswell and just avoid the network all together..See if you can print that way, if you can, then issue is on network.
If all works, then put it on DHCP and reboot the machine on the network(or follow on screen instructions) if it gains new IP address then try to print to that IP address. if it works then change that to static. Or print to the host name and leave it on DHCP.

Check whichlevel of firmware is the machine at.
G20- M0 is the latest
K9,K8,K6,K5,K2,J6,J2,G9,E4.version up..A9 oldest
Threre may be a SSD issue. Should be on ver 6.05m

Hope this helps

Thanks for the advice. I have set it on DHCP and the response is a 169.254.56.27 address which means that the machine cannot find the network. If I set it to a fixed address I can log into it for a few minutes then it freezes up. I also initalised the network settings and repeated the process but it still not working properly. I wheeled it to the next office to where there is a working machine (Konica) and swapped the machines over. The other machine works O.K. but the C364e still doesnt respond. I tried your firmware link however it does not seem to be valid address. Is there some other way to access it or is it just me.
Whew my head is getting fuzzy.

Woxner
08-12-2016, 12:07 AM
Sounds like the MFP is bad. if you did a network clear and change location i would suspect this If you want the firmware go here i put two versions on . dropbox.com user is woxner@copytronics.com password is KonicaMinolta

I use this to give Firmware and manuals.

Fuzzylogic
08-22-2016, 11:49 PM
Hello Woxner

Thanks for the advice and the firmware.The updated firmware worked a treat:) It took me a while to get back to the machine as I had to wait for access into the office. The machine seems happy.

Thanks again.

Custom Search