PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 223 auto paper selection picking wrong tray

Custom Search

wseyller
08-11-2016, 01:32 AM
Bizhub 223 without HDD and has extra tray 3 with storage drawer and G00-D6 firmware

Copy mode is set to auto tray select.

Tray 1, 2, & 3 is enabled for auto tray selection.

Tray priority is 1 > 2 > 3.

All trays set to plain paper

Tray 1 has letter SEF. Tray 2 has legal. Tray 3 has letter LEF.

If you insert a document in the ADF in SEF orientation the copier will choose Tray 3. If you copy then it prints as it should for SEF but looks rotated 90 degrees as it prints on LEF.

Also occurs if you set the paper on the glass the same way. Also I installed a driver on my laptop and I could not get SEF paper when auto was selected and when I choose different combinations of portrait/landscape from within MS Word or selecting from the print driver.

I have tried moving the LEF paper in every tray combination but it always picks the tray where I have LEF. Also tried moving the SEF paper and replaced legal with SEF to have two SEF trays.

If I explicitly choose a SEF tray then it prints perfectly from copies or PC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In user settings I set copier settings to factory default.
I performed data clear in Initialization menu.
I tried NVRAM reset
I reflashed firmware

At this point I'm thinking to swap out a MFPB from another machine. It is bizarre and KMBS doesn't know either.

habik
08-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Auto-rotate?

Byting on bits.

wseyller
08-12-2016, 01:08 AM
Replaced the mfp board and still occurs.

Then I noticed the customer has another copier, a 283 in a different room. I found it does the same thing. I was surprised to see this. I wonder now if this is normal operation for this series. Gonna try to find a working 223 series at the office tomorrow and see if it does the same.

If that is the case I can't believe it would be designed that way and I wonder if there is a work around or some setting that is needed beside what is factory default. Maybe a soft switch or something that has been documented somewhere.

Mr Spock
08-12-2016, 01:13 AM
I believe that most KM machine default to LEF as the first choice. The speed rating of the machine is based on LEF so that is what it looks for first. If you select a specific tray does it pull from there? Also check the auto rotate option.

blackcat4866
08-12-2016, 01:18 AM
The only thing I don't see is what size is displayed for each tray, and if it's hard set or auto paper size detect. On many slower machines, they will not identify a paper size mismatch and just send 8 1/2 x 11 through for 11 x 8 1/2 without noticing a difference. Is there a default paper tray set, or Auto Paper Select? =^..^=

wseyller
08-12-2016, 01:33 AM
Customer just switched over from a bizhub 200 series. Default is auto for copies. If you select a tray with SEF it works fine. Auto will choose LEF and the image prints as if SEF would be in use so the image is rotated and cut off. I haven't seen a auto rotate option, don't know where that is.

Size is detected from tray guides.

I have SEF in tray 1 and LEF in tray 3. An original detected as SEF and copier set to auto will select the tray 3 with LEF.

If I swap the paper orientation such as LEF in tray 1 and SEF in tray 3 then will auto it will pick tray 1 with LEF.

I am going test tomorrow on a 223 series an also on some newer models like E series and 8 series. Customer says it work fine on the 200 series.

Keep in mind except for nvram everything should be factory settings after all I did. KMBS even authorized me to order NVRAM.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Synaux
08-12-2016, 04:46 AM
I am pretty sure there is an auto rotate option, bit I am on my phone and not able to search the manual

wseyller
08-12-2016, 09:14 PM
Yep there is an auto rotate button, right on the main screen of the copy screen. Damn I never noticed it before.

That does the trick. Now it picks the tray with the same orientation. At least on my machine at the office.

Thanks.

Synaux
08-12-2016, 09:23 PM
Yep there is an auto rotate button, right on the main screen of the copy screen. Damn I never noticed it before.

That does the trick. Now it picks the tray with the same orientation. At least on my machine at the office.

Thanks.

lol
Well, we learn something new everyday!

JR2ALTA
08-13-2016, 03:21 AM
Can't believe you went straight to the MFP board, sheesh man, mallet to kill a fly. But we've all been there, glad it works!

Custom Search