PDA

View Full Version : Jamming DF-621 runs after last sheet has already exited

Custom Search

CraigW
08-11-2016, 06:12 PM
In the 70ppm scan mode during scanning, the DF-621 will keep the rollers down and run after the last sheet has exited resulting in 66-02 jams.

It has the improved paper present actuator in place, and it's photo sensor new as well.

It has the 2 washers on rear lid pin mod installed (to space paper present actuator from hanging up on lower trays slot for it)

All new feed & sep items.

It is very, VERY intermittent. But, can see several 66-02s on management list. It appears to always be related to the last sheet.

We now have feeder at shop.

Thank You, Craig W

Woxner
08-11-2016, 06:35 PM
make sure the original set lever is not staying acuated. may needs clutchs. also check the gear and spring on the drive

CraigW
08-11-2016, 06:57 PM
We suspect the original document set sensor actuator is too slow or catching/snagging intermittently. It has the improved A143PP5G01 actuator and new photo sensor as well.

TAUS1200978EN is the bulletin we found.

Would like to ONCE see how this actuator is acting when problem occurs, To be honest we only saw it once and not looking at the time it happened (was a single original fed)

fixthecopier
08-11-2016, 07:57 PM
My bet would also be with the original set lever. Logic says it keeps running because it sees a piece of paper.

Albonline
08-11-2016, 08:01 PM
We suspect the original document set sensor actuator is too slow or catching/snagging intermittently. It has the improved A143PP5G01 actuator and new photo sensor as well.

TAUS1200978EN is the bulletin we found.

Would like to ONCE see how this actuator is acting when problem occurs, To be honest we only saw it once and not looking at the time it happened (was a single original fed)

have fixed a few with this problem by adding a spring to the detection actuator (the one from 601 registration unit works well.) once done the actuator will tend to hang down, causes no problems just have to educate user.

CraigW
08-11-2016, 08:06 PM
Just got a call at the location. The feeder the boss took down is supposedly "still jamming" Until we see the management list... will not know if they are 66-02s or something different.

blackcat4866
08-12-2016, 01:04 AM
have fixed a few with this problem by adding a spring to the detection actuator (the one from 601 registration unit works well.) once done the actuator will tend to hang down, causes no problems just have to educate user.

I've done the same thing on a Kyocera DF (J9000). I was fortunate enough to actually see it happen with the covers off. The gravity operated flag would bounce when the last sheet passed, making the DF think that there was an additional original. I've heard of techs adding weight to the actuator. Personally I added a very weak torsion spring (in it's previous life it was a return spring for a paper feed switch). It takes very little to damp the "bounce". =^..^=

CraigW
08-12-2016, 03:52 PM
Thanks for all the inputs !!!

We found the spring on a for parts 7272 & put it in place. Great fit.

It all certainly make sense with the feeder running at 70 opm......

We will likely swap their now modded original feeder back in place and see what happens.

Thanks to all !!!

blackcat4866
08-13-2016, 01:03 AM
Please let us know how it goes. =^..^=

CraigW
08-15-2016, 08:04 PM
^^^ Will do the modded feeder went back into place today........ we will soon know.

Thanks !!

CraigW
08-18-2016, 08:08 PM
No word from the returned ADF..... that is a good sign !! Thanks To All !!!

Installed 2 new DF-628 feeders recently..... the paper present actuator NOW has a magnet in the actuator near the shaft of the roller assembly giving it more weight, and the effect of magnetism as well.

blackcat4866
08-19-2016, 01:16 AM
Congratulations! Thanks for posting back. =^..^=

kingarthur
08-19-2016, 04:42 PM
No word from the returned ADF..... that is a good sign !! Thanks To All !!!

Installed 2 new DF-628 feeders recently..... the paper present actuator NOW has a magnet in the actuator near the shaft of the roller assembly giving it more weight, and the effect of magnetism as well.

Yes, and these magnets fall out and stick to the shaft...as previously posted :eek:

DUKEY
08-21-2016, 06:22 AM
Hey how are ya!

I've seen the actuator hang up inside the grove of the cover, try tapping the actuator continuously and see if it gets hung up in the opening, The other issue I've seen is the scan speed is to fast and get false takeups, we set a couple of settings like compact pdf and dpi to normal. you can see the speed slow down and improve takeup! We have alot of clients that scan alot and this df621 is notorious. Just an Fyi

Albonline
08-24-2016, 02:57 PM
The 621's we modded here are working great , running at top speed for scans.

Custom Search