PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Printing takes very long when printing out of Auto CAD Ineo+ 308

Custom Search

Gino_21665
08-15-2016, 01:00 PM
Please help :

Develop Ineo+ 308, Windows 10 64bit, 32Gb Memory, 9800GTX Display Card, AutoCAD 2016

I have a problem when printing out of CAD, the light on printer flashes all the time as soon as you press print showing that the job is being transmitted to the device, it takes close to a minute or minute and a half to get to the printing of the Drawing.

I've switched between PCL, PS & Universal drivers and problem persists.

Printing out of Adobe, Word, Excel etc is all fine.

Does anyone know of a setting that needs to be enabled to speed up this process ?

At another client i have a similar issue, when printing out of the clients system it takes very long until the actual job prints, with PS driver it prints faster but limited setting options.

When accessing the driver through Devices and Printers, Printer Preferences \ Properties it takes long to go into the settings ...

Can anyone please shed some light on this for me please...

Thanks

Kindest Regards
Gino

Synthohol
08-15-2016, 02:14 PM
Just as a test what haooens when they save the cad file as a PDF and print the PDF?
I have seen CAD take 5 min to print its naitive format but as a PDF it was zippity quick.

Gino_21665
08-15-2016, 02:21 PM
Thanks

It prints faster yes but still not as fast as we would like ...

Just as a test what haooens when they save the cad file as a PDF and print the PDF?
I have seen CAD take 5 min to print its naitive format but as a PDF it was zippity quick.

Synthohol
08-15-2016, 04:29 PM
If word excell and adobe print fast then it seems the application is the slowdown. Not much you can do.
When its receiving the job does the blue lights flash for a long time before the white bar lights up? If so its feeding the job to the copier slowly.
If the copier has a hdd you can turn on spool to hdd and may print faster. Good luck.

copier tech
08-15-2016, 05:44 PM
I would call your service tech out, ask him to update to the latest firmware version, if this doesnt solve it the yes it is simply your application & something you'll have to live with!

habik
08-15-2016, 05:53 PM
Or sell them Fiery :) to save some seconds.

Byting on bits.

Synaux
08-16-2016, 01:29 AM
Might be a router/switch issue.
You might want to check the adapter speed on the machine.
When you print open the print que--how fast/slow is the data transferring and how big are the files?
If you do call a tech out tell him to check for specific fixes with "special firmware"

Synthohol
08-16-2016, 04:15 AM
he said word, excel and adobe print fast. it's only cad that is the slug.

Synaux
08-16-2016, 04:53 AM
he said word, excel and adobe print fast. it's only cad that is the slug.

But he also said that pdf was still not as fast as they wanted. :rolleyes:

ZOOTECH
08-16-2016, 04:57 AM
I am not familiar with CAD, but does it build 'layers' as some other apps? If so, that may be delaying the print process. Have them bring up a fresh design, and see how that prints?

NeoMatrix
08-16-2016, 06:43 AM
If every other software prints fined then I assume it's an application problem with the CAD software.

Are you/they doing a lot of colour rendered model print outs, or just line drawings ?
What is the CAD default work-space and paper-space scale set to ?
What is the default paper space size set to, say A0 or A1 ?
Try reducing the drawing default paper-space size to fit onto A3 pages as the model geometry is first drawn to scale. If your model is subject to infinite scale when first drawn it will take more
time to reduce the line graphics down to size when colour rendering and printing out.
You may have to open a completely new drawing with the A3 default paper-space size to get away from a possible infinite scaling design fault. A3 paper-space pages will scale up/down and "colour render" quicker when you go to printout.

If using colour rendering with extreme textured graphics, this also can cause a large wait time before print out. The fact that you cannot click on the CAD software printer properties tab confirms that you are doing intensive CPU cycles with this application. This fact would have me believe you/they are doing heavy textured rendered modelling which is very CPU intensive an slows the system down, as the large file is first scaled, an then colour rendered using POV(camera) ray-tracing with intensive photo realistic lighting effects.

Also,try saving the current rendered model space to a *.jpg and then print the rendered *.jpg image.

HTH

allan
08-17-2016, 05:48 AM
In Auto cad you can set it to print only a selected window. Is there any difference selecting only a small area like 1000mmX1000m?
You could put the print quality on draft.

habik
08-17-2016, 07:12 PM
In Auto cad you can set it to print only a selected window. Is there any difference selecting only a small area like 1000mmX1000m?
You could put the print quality on draft.
Thats a decent banner size Allan [emoji12]

Byting on bits.

peter42
08-17-2016, 09:32 PM
But he also said that pdf was still not as fast as they wanted. :rolleyes:

Its maybe the print engine of CAD, printing to pdf is slow, printing the resulting pdf to machine is fast, can OT state that?

neil greenhough
08-18-2016, 07:57 PM
Try changing printing resolution down to 600dpi. The default is 1200dpi. See if this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Gino_21665
08-19-2016, 07:53 AM
Hi i have turned this feature on and off and nothing changes.

Regards
Gino

If word excell and adobe print fast then it seems the application is the slowdown. Not much you can do.
When its receiving the job does the blue lights flash for a long time before the white bar lights up? If so its feeding the job to the copier slowly.
If the copier has a hdd you can turn on spool to hdd and may print faster. Good luck.

allan
08-19-2016, 09:41 AM
Thats a decent banner size Allan [emoji12]

Byting on bits.

Thanks for correcting me. Mean to say 100mmX100mm.
:rolleyes:

Custom Search