PDA

View Full Version : B283 B&W (but color firmware installed)

Custom Search

enteng
08-15-2016, 04:22 PM
Hi All,

I know this problem is sounds weird because of MAN MADE issue. :)

My colleague technician unluckily installed the 2 Konica B283 machine to colored firmware (C554e)
He's trying to update it but unfortunately forgot to check the firmware model.

We tried to reset and change the NVRAM, SSD, MFP and return back to the original firmware but the
problem still exist. some of keys are not working.

hoping to have your comments on what's the possible way to return back to its original firmware.

Thanks!
Enteng

copier addict
08-15-2016, 04:24 PM
Go into service mode and do a data clear. I think that will revert back to original firmware.

Synthohol
08-15-2016, 04:34 PM
Did he try booting up with the correct firmware and update 1 board at a time?
I would do mfp then printer then the accessories.
I find it weird it even installed. Its supposed to say NG if the firmware is for a different model.
Alsi a data clear will disable the hdd and kill the movie data. It wont change the firmwre back.
Good luck.

copier tech
08-15-2016, 05:37 PM
Are you sure this is the cause? As the 283 mono usues a different firmware file system, eg a single .tar file while the c454e series uses many differant files!

I cant see how it would be possible to install a totally differant fimware especially colour onto a mono machine.

habik
08-15-2016, 06:01 PM
For colours there is board format tool. Now it may come handy, or try find the same for BW machines. Still I struggle to understand how he managed to do it :)

Byting on bits.

blackcat4866
08-16-2016, 12:57 AM
For colours there is board format tool. Now it may come handy, or try find the same for BW machines. Still I struggle to understand how he managed to do it :)

Byting on bits.

@habik: AFAIK the "e" series was the first to require a board formatting tool.

@copier tech: Like you, I would be very surprised to find that a monochrome machine of two generations older took any of the color firmware files from the "e" series. Most certainly it would have errored out, if it even allowed you to start the update.

Synaux
08-16-2016, 01:20 AM
@copier tech: Like you, I would be very surprised to find that a monochrome machine of two generations older took any of the color firmware files from the "e" series. Most certainly it would have errored out, if it even allowed you to start the update.

I maybe he just changed a few files instead of the entire directory? Although I have no idea why someone would want to do that...

copier tech
08-16-2016, 08:04 AM
What you need to do is find out EXACTLEY what he did step by step & look at the file(s) he used, not what version etc.

Then report back with your findings.

habik
08-16-2016, 08:41 PM
The only way to get .tar would be to run the .bat command, like for ISW upload of FW. But saying that, the actual serial numbers prefix don't match and it should throw error that there is no matching firmware to the series of machines, unless he somehow changed it to the liking of the BW machine. :D

enteng
08-23-2016, 10:56 AM
Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions and comments.

Yes, it sounds very weird to accept the colored firmware to a BW machine. but it happen, not once but 2 Machine have the same problem. it should appear in the screen "NG".

Can someone give me step by step possible procedure to return back the old BW firmware.
(I'm not got in terms of software,firmware problem)

Thanks in advance!
Enteng

mx6turbo89
08-23-2016, 05:24 PM
You should be able to simply get the correct firmware, place it on a USB stick, then startup the machine to overwrite whatever firmware is currently on the machine.

tech51
08-23-2016, 06:14 PM
You should be able to simply get the correct firmware, place it on a USB stick, then startup the machine to overwrite whatever firmware is currently on the machine.
Not on a 283 you dont!

mx6turbo89
08-23-2016, 10:07 PM
Not on a 283 you dont!

And why is that? Reverting back to a previous firmware on this Bizhub model is a simple procedure. Unless there's a difference between European and US spec machines, it should be possible.

Synthohol
08-23-2016, 11:36 PM
Not on a 283 you dont!

sure you can!!
USB memory
NOTE
• USB memory must be connected with the main power switch/sub power switch off.
• When updating the firmware, use the service port for the service.
It cannot be updated when connected to another service port.
2.1 Preparation
Conditions for USB memory which can be used for updating the firmware are as follows:
• Without security function added (security function can be turned off)
• Memory with 1 GB to 2 GB are recommended (One with 4 GB or more may not operate)
• Corresponds to USB 2.0
• Formatted with FAT32 type
• A USB flash memory that appears as multiple drives on a computer cannot be used.
2.2 Procedure
1. Connect the USB to the PC, and copy the firmware data to the USB memory.
NOTE
• The firmware data to be updated must be copied to the root directory with the file name “A1UDFW. tar.”

2. Turn OFF the main power switch and the sub power switch.
3. Remove the screw [1].
4. Lift up the cover [2] of the service port.
5. Insert the USB memory device to the service port [3] for service.
6. Turn ON the main power switch and the sub power switch.
7. Control panel shows F/W items to be updated, and select the particular type of F/W to be updated. (Select [YES].)

habik
08-23-2016, 11:48 PM
Have you got any evidence of what version of firmware was loaded on machines previously?
Can you get right now to service mode and check the firmware levels?

What ADF have you got installed as there is functional restriction to version of firmware.
3. Functional restrictions
Please install card version "G00-D6" and onward to MFP if ADF version "G00-12" is installed in ADF.
(Please do not use card version "G00-D5" and earlier if ADF version "G00-12" is installed in ADF.)

Just download A1UD0Y0-F000-GDF-D6-100-CHECKSUM-BD8A.zip and flash it with A1UDFW.tar that is within this zipped file. Ensure you copy this .tar file to the root directory of the USB formatted as FAT32 ( use the windows formatting/ partitioning tool just to be sure)

:cool: Good luck!.. adn let us know.

tech51
08-24-2016, 05:49 PM
Not on a 283 you dont!
Oops my bad, Was thinking of the 282😀😀😀😀

rrrohan
08-25-2016, 07:56 AM
What firmware version does the copier currently report

Apart from tech telling you he did that what indications are there. Any errors or somthing

Because everyone myself included dont believe its possible so want to make sure firmware is even the problem

Custom Search