PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on mfp board replacement 454e

Custom Search

wseyller
08-16-2016, 01:28 PM
It has been a while but I have replaced 3 or 4 of these in the past so I understand the basics of the procedure but I have to travel 4 hours to a copier that another dealership couldn't fix and have another dealership taking over soon.

I just want to make sure I can get in and get out without any trouble since I have about 8 hours of total travel time.

I was at this location a while back to troubleshoot this device and it was locking up when printing even from my laptop with direct cable connection. I replaced the hard drive that I was supplied but that didn't help and I recommended to replace the mfp board and memory stick.

So now I have to go back and replace these.

I remember a while back there were some knowledge base articles about the procedure and I found one that shows slightly different information than the latest service manual.

One difference is that after pressing "fix" for the machine type the service manual then says to install firmware. I have a knowledge base article that doesn't mention that. The article says to turn off machine before initial power up.

Also it mentions flipping a dip switch on the new board itself which the service manual doesn't mention. Actually this is the first time I have seen any mention of this.

Also the article mentions doing an engine backup but doesn't mention actually restoring the backup in the end. Service manual doesn't mention backing up at all. I don't think I ever backed up in the past.

copyrooks
08-16-2016, 05:26 PM
I would go by latest service manual procedure, that's what i've done for the maybe 10 plus boards i've replaced.

copier tech
08-16-2016, 08:58 PM
I assume you have tried updating to the latest firmware levels first, replacing any board on a KM is a last resort for me!

I have attached the latest procedure (2013) so service manual maybe more up-to-date.

Please report back & let us know how you got on.

I have only ever replace MFP boards on the older C552 series.

Woxner
08-16-2016, 09:14 PM
go here see if my bulletin shows up dropbox.com user is woxner@copytronics.com password is KonicaMinolta i use this for manuals and firmware

wseyller
08-16-2016, 10:23 PM
Yep had updated firmware. Reseat ram and all mfp board connections. Wipe machine. Replaced hdd. I tried printing from my laptop with new cat5 cable and it freaks out. Data light flashes. No jobs show up and locks up control panel.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
08-17-2016, 12:23 AM
Is Account Tracking ON? =^..^=

JR2ALTA
08-17-2016, 01:11 AM
This happened a lot when the machine first came out. We had a lot of luck with a Total Initialization+Format+Reload Firmware and Movie Data. Check that your fax is back to "set" if applicable

Don't forget to backup your address book and settings

If you go in prepared with the Movie and Firmware already downloaded it only takes about 25 minutes

Woxner
08-17-2016, 01:12 AM
account track or authentication would just deleet the job if no code is input unless print without authentication is on. this would not lock the machine up. network jack could be faulty

wseyller
08-17-2016, 01:34 AM
no account track authentication. It is about as simple as it gets with this one. I did check the RJ-45 pins on the mfp board and didn't see any out of place.

I am going prepared with firmware and movie data already on usb drives.

I already have softswitch 72 set to allow external memory backup for the address book.

Gonna have a small electric screwdriver ready for all those damn screws.

The customer originally told me that the copier will word at most about 20 or 30 mins. They would have to reboot the copier to get it to work again. There were no jobs in the job list.

When I tested with my laptop I couldn't get it to work properly at all. I am also the network guy so I do this stuff all the time.

wseyller
08-17-2016, 01:43 AM
go here see if my bulletin shows up dropbox.com user is woxner@copytronics.com password is KonicaMinolta i use this for manuals and firmware

thanks,

the bulletin you have is the same thing I found in knowledge base.

wseyller
08-18-2016, 05:48 PM
I ended up using the bulletin. Everything went well, no surprises. I did flip the dip switch as mentioned in the bulletin.

Actually it looks like old board doesn't have this dipswitch.

Now a 4 hour drive home.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Custom Search