PDA

View Full Version : TaskAlfa ci transfer belt assy. smudging back of page

Custom Search

Robob
08-16-2016, 11:28 PM
I've seen a couple of Task Alfa color machines (4550ci, 5550ci) where the ITB is leaving grey or colored smudges on the back of copies, especially on the first 2" there will be a yellowish grey bar. It goes away of course if you replace the ITB, but have any of you had luck with vacuuming the ITB cleaning section out? I have a feeling that at 400 - 500K it would be a waste of time. Any thoughts?

Thnx

blackcat4866
08-17-2016, 12:09 AM
I have successfully disassembled and re-assembled those transfer belt units, but the cleaning doesn't seem to do any good. Neither does cleaning and re-priming the cleaner blade. It might help to replace the transfer belt blade ... too bad it isn't sold separately.

Ask tmaged about this. He has had some success with cleaning the transfer belts. =^..^=

jmaister
08-18-2016, 05:56 AM
umm is this single sided or double sided?

To say ITB is leaving band at the back side is saying you were doing double sided job, (but then if doing double sided the 2nd side is printed first?). For single sided job the back side of the page will never touch the ITB. I'm sure that's Canon's way as well.

What's the colour on the secondary transfer roller? you know the foam one.

The process is as follows:

1. a paper jam occur and the paper is right at the ITB, the print has yellow
2. client removed the paper
3. latent image on the belt rolled onto the secondary transfer.

darry1322
08-18-2016, 01:46 PM
umm is this single sided or double sided?

To say ITB is leaving band at the back side is saying you were doing double sided job, (but then if doing double sided the 2nd side is printed first?). For single sided job the back side of the page will never touch the ITB. I'm sure that's Canon's way as well.

If the belt isn't cleaning properly it can contaminate the 2nd transfer roller causing it to leave toner on the back of the next copy whether it's single or double sided.

jmaister
08-18-2016, 03:35 PM
If the belt isn't cleaning properly it can contaminate the 2nd transfer roller causing it to leave toner on the back of the next copy whether it's single or double sided.

!!!!

OH, i see what you mean.

We looked into replacing the cleaning unit like Blackcat did, but its no longer sold as standalone.

JVergin
08-19-2016, 09:07 PM
!!!!

OH, i see what you mean.

We looked into replacing the cleaning unit like Blackcat did, but its no longer sold as standalone.

Sometimes I wish they sold cleaning blades as individual parts.

Ropariva
08-20-2016, 06:03 AM
I had this problem on a TA 2551 the other day. It needed four devs as it was dropping toner spots on prints (the bulletin says replace if the cleaning doesn't work) and it also had the same smudge on the back as described above. I thought the transfer belt wasn't cleaning, and as the machine is under warranty, I'd change that too. Went back with the devs and belt but found I was given the wrong belt, so I changed the devs anyway. Ran a heap of prints, and the smudge on the back was gone! Couldn't believe it, so i put the old devs back in again, and the smudge came back. I know it's a different engine to the big Taskalfas, but thought it worth mentioning here. It's been a month now and neither issues have re emerged.

tmaged
08-21-2016, 02:45 AM
Cleaning it doesn't do any good. You have the process control marks on the back side of the page. Just replace the primary belt.

Custom Search