PDA

View Full Version : FS-526 will not take FW

Custom Search

B0265
08-17-2016, 07:48 AM
When updating the fw on an old working C754 (don't know from what version) it got stuck on "printer downloading" and "RU NG". After disconneting the finisher the FW upgrade finished OK. Then the finisher was installed again and we tried to upgrade only the finsher fw but it still says RU NG. Have tried serveral different Gxx-70 and Gxx-72 fw versions.
Does anyone have an idea how to get the finisher to take the fw?

kingarthur
08-17-2016, 08:28 AM
I had this problem a couple of weeks ago, apparently if the FNS doesn't take the FW, it needs a new pcb, however, check the FNS FW version on the actually machine & then what it will be once upgraded, it might be the same

B0265
08-17-2016, 08:50 AM
How did you get your finisher working? Did you replace the FNS PWB?

kingarthur
08-17-2016, 10:38 AM
my main m/c was a C454e,I was installing G20-M0 FW, after I disconnected the FNS, the FW worked, then I reconnected & just installed the FNS FW on its own & it worked, but the FW wasn't any different to the FW on the FNS before & after, but I spoke to KM and they advised, if it wont accept the FW the PCB on the FNS needs replacing....try again, but only install FNS FW & nothing else...

B0265
08-17-2016, 01:58 PM
We have tried upgrading only the FNS FW but it always end in "NG" so I suppose we need a new FNS PWB.
If we power up the machine with the FS-526 connected the display indicates "cover open" but there is image of the finisher.

Custom Search