PDA

View Full Version : Rotation Time versus prints count

Custom Search

Hansoon
08-17-2016, 12:37 PM
Please bear in mind that as an Indy I had never the opportunity to have the Rotation Time versus Prints Count being explained. Is there a way to more or less convert a Rotation Time of let's say of 3000M into sheets being passed through a fuser or over a drum unit?

Should I somehow take the speed of the machine into account or what's behind it?

Thanks in advance.

Hans

Synthohol
08-17-2016, 01:00 PM
some consumables go by minutes of use not page count.
i honestly dont think there is a way to convert.

darry1322
08-17-2016, 01:21 PM
Please bear in mind that as an Indy I had never the opportunity to have the Rotation Time versus Prints Count being explained. Is there a way to more or less convert a Rotation Time of let's say of 3000M into sheets being passed through a fuser or over a drum unit?

Should I somehow take the speed of the machine into account or what's behind it?

Thanks in advance.

Hans
You would need to know how many sheets 8.5x11, how many 11x8.5, how many 11x17, etc. Then account for single copy vs multi copy and a few other things like how many times it wakes from sleep to pre-drive. Lots of variables to figure out.

The first one I questioned was the Di2010 vs Di3510 using the same drum but fewer copies for the slower machine. The slower machine simply adds a delay between paper feeds to account for the slower speed. This delay period isn't feeding paper but is rotating the drum yielding more rotations for the same number of copies. The result is the drum gets fewer copies for the same rotation time.

CraigW
08-17-2016, 01:45 PM
Had a 36 yesterday at 74k with drum/dev at 0% and backside of drum to metal. It had seen some legal but I blame single prints/copies mostly.

But, we did have a 363 running a lot of legal and it threw the numbers WAY out of whack for life values.

blackcat4866
08-17-2016, 01:59 PM
Essentially the rotation time helps you measure wear as a result to initial/final rotations when you're not making prints, but still wearing the drum surface by rotating the drum against the blade. Machines that do high count jobs have a very low percentage of time spent on initial/final rotations, to throw out an arbitrary number let's say 1%. On the other extreme, machines that do low count jobs, like single pages have a very high percentage of time spent on initial/final rotations, let's say 66%. Any time the drum is rotating, that's wearing the drum surface, be it printing or idling. =^..^=

Custom Search